AV AMP for around £500?

AVLeon

Established Member
Reaction score
Im eventually going to take the plunge and get myself a Home Cinema set up.. the problem is I really dont know what kit to buy, Ive decided on the screen and thats going to be a Panasonic PX60 42" mounted on the wall.. then I have the problem of amp/dvd/speakers so il post a thread in each forum and see what I get back!

As we are in the AV Amp forum which AV Amplifier!? I willing to spend upto £500 ish, is this enough as one local dealer thinks £1000 is what you should pay for a decent amp!! Ive been looking at various amps but would like to get some opinions in this price range. I was going to go for the Yamaha 757/9 or maybe the NAD 753

any help appriciated as I want to buy it all asap but just have no idea what to buy/get demo'd!

thanks

Leon

as above :thumbsup:

Audio-T have a number of ex-display AVRecievers, one that catches the eye at £500 is the Pioneer VSX-AX2AV.

:thumbsup: i agree the vsxax2 is a great amp user freindly
2 hdmi inputs and one out. 3 component and ipod connection
i am no expert but i found the amp to be a dream to setup.
and the sound for my money is very good;)

Yes Onkyo was a make id heard some good things about and was one at the top of my list, Nad/Onkyo seem a step up in quality terms from the Yamaha etc I noticed Onkyo kit in the local dealers showroom.

The Pioneer looks to have plenty of spec but not heard them mentioned much before... il keep looking! its a mindfield and also impossible to here them all demod unless i was to travel all round the country

I am considering the Pioneer myself, (106) anyone got one or can point me in the direction of a review?

the pioneer mentioned will not dissapoint :thumbsup:

LWells said:
Im eventually going to take the plunge and get myself a Home Cinema set up.. the problem is I really dont know what kit to buy, Ive decided on the screen and thats going to be a Panasonic PX60 42" mounted on the wall.. then I have the problem of amp/dvd/speakers so il post a thread in each forum and see what I get back!

As we are in the AV Amp forum which AV Amplifier!? I willing to spend upto £500 ish, is this enough as one local dealer thinks £1000 is what you should pay for a decent amp!! Ive been looking at various amps but would like to get some opinions in this price range. I was going to go for the Yamaha 757/9 or maybe the NAD 753

any help appriciated as I want to buy it all asap but just have no idea what to buy/get demo'd!

thanks

Leon

I'd say there's some pretty fair shouts there, but it might help if you were to mention what sort or speakers you're considering, mate :smashin:

Badger0-0 said:
I'd say there's some pretty fair shouts there, but it might help if you were to mention what sort or speakers you're considering, mate :smashin:

well thats something im also unsure of! got a question running in the speaker Forum, i was looking yesterday on the net to see what was about and liked the idea if Kef IQ5/IQ1/IQ2c and a MS309 sub?? but that came to about £900! the only reason im looking at kef is becuase thats what i had demo'd ages ago and i was impressed (not the IQs but Crestas) I have also considered one of these small satalite/sub set ups from Focal or Kef

I'd go for the Onkyo 674. Good quality, reliable and has alot of functionality.

you need consider the amp and speakers as a single purchase (even if you buy them from separate places), to make sense of that what i mean is that if you get the wrong combination it can sound pretty awful sometimes......so work out what speakers you are considering as well as what amp, then find out if they are compatible both from a technical point of view and a listening point of view :)

I had a Onkyo AV amp for eight year and I used quit heavily and it is still working. So quality wise there is nothing wrong with Onkyo.

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom