• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Av amp for £100?

orangepeel

Established Member
Hi guys

I'm making the step up and have £100 to spend on a second hand amp but am unsure of what sort of model I should be looking at or can get for this sort of money. I am after for something that will be good musically as well as for film etc. Would like it to have digital inputs but not concerned about hdmi. 80W+ per channel.

From what I've considered so far I am leaning towards Marantz, Yamaha or Denon so am wondering models from these manufaturers I may be able to get? I have read that Marantz have good music pedigree so may be more suitable for me, but I'm open to suggestions. Some models I've looked at are:

Marantz SR 4400/4200, SR5400OSE
Denon AVR1906/5
Not sure which Yamaha for the money

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

OP.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Plenty of decentish older stuff in the classifieds for that money. My Arcam AVr200 wasn't much more than that, and would probably be cheaper now than when I got a few months back.

With your focus on music I'd defenitely include Marantz and Yamaha. Not so keen on Denons for music personally (haven't heard that many though)

Jamie

Distinguished Member

orangepeel

Established Member
Great. Thanks for your input, jamie. You've said what I was thinking so I'm headed in the right direction, preference is defo Maratz or Yamaha.

I'll go and count my pennies then maybe throw a WANTED on the classifieds. Ebay seems a bit pricey these days.

Still keen to hear any other suggestions guys!

OP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom