1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV amp and speakers Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Darko, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I have just bought a new DVD player and I already own a Pioneer HC51 system(bit outdated) and I want to upgrade my speakers and amp I have 300 to 500 pound max to spend could anyone advise on a good paring for this sort of money, ralistically I have 300 to spend but while the wifes not looking I may find another 200.

Cheers Darko :rolleyes:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What are your priorities, music or movies? Also what type of speakers are you after? Floorstanders, lifestyle, boookshelves and any colour considerations?

3. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    my main prioritys are movies this is for my home cinema set up, when it comes to the speakers i have no ral preference but obviously I would like a full suround system but to be honest I am more concerned about the amp choice as I have no real idea what I am looking for my DVD is silver so it would be good if it matched but not a major problem. I would just like something that would do the job in a bit of style.

Sorry to be so vague but as you can see my old system is a cinema in a box so it was all done for me but I want something a bit more powerful.

Thank you for your reply

Cheers Darko

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    OK then how about:

Denon avr1905

Newer Denon 1906

Sony strdb 795 There has been som buzzing noises associated with this amp by some owners :(

Pioneer vsx 915

Yamaha rxv 457

Speakers

Tannoy fusion 1 (no sub)

Tannoy EFX 5.1

Mission m2 s 5.1

AE evo package (no sub)

Also highly recommended is the Canton cd1 system which is on special offer in the Speaker power buys forum

I would just like to state I am in NO WAY associated with the websites I have listed and do not gaurentee these are the best prices you can get the items at. I am using them for reference and I know they offer good service and fair prices.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

5. ArcticFox77

ArcticFox77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I guess my questions are in relation to this in a way. I've recently bought a Panasonic 37" plasma, HD ready. It's the 500 series so it has the HDMI connection. Now i'm after some advice on amps/ speakers/ cables. Just some basic info for beginners on amps and speakers. I currently have a 5.1 surround kit, but it's now 7yrs old :( my main objective is movies on the amp, but would like a good all rounder. I'm looking for a good amp, mid range. My budget could probably be 800gbp for the amp. Any good websites for getting good quality cables at reasonable prices??
    Just some basic info on what to look for in this area??

6. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Dfour you are a mecca cheers

I like the look of the Pioneer vsx 915 matched with the AE evo package would you say that these would complement each other ??

Cheers again Darko

PS

ArcticFox77 when you post a new question its sometimes best to start a new thread or it confuses things.

But welcome to the forum hope you enjoy.
    you will start living in here like the rest of us square eyed freaks.

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The evo's should calm down any brashness that the pioneers can sometimes display. The pioneer has all the bells and whistles and are more film orientated than music. The both come above your budget though :eek: and you still have no interconnects or speaker cable :suicide:

Also dont forget that you still have to save up for a sub as well :rolleyes: You should be loking at spending at least £200 to get a subwoofer and not a cheap boombox. :eek:

Then some of us become moderators :rotfl: :smashin:

8. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    :hiya: Arcticfox77 and welcome to the forums :D

I would look at the Yamaha rxv 2500 or the newer 2600 when it comes out. The Denon 2805/3805, Marantz 7600 or 8600 (if in price range as it has HDMI up conversion), Pioneer ax5i and maybe the Harman/Kardon avr430.

As for cables look in the cable power buys forum for Mark Grants cables. He does quality cables for :beer: money

Hope this helps :D

9. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    well If I get the amp sorted I can use my pioneer surround speakers for now I realize they are not up to scratch but If I slowley move in a new amp and then bring the speakers later SHE WILL NEVER NOTICE :eek: :eek: lol

I really love the choice though

cheers again bud

Darko