AV 200Mb Devolo homeplugs

norge

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought these?

Even though they are on the same ring, infact 2 plugs close to each other, the middle led fails to blink.

The funny thing is that at first for just a 3 minutes all was ok.. I had internet though the the home plugs!

Any ideas?

No, they are not. Even I tried in the same room with plugs very close together

I need not to install any software for these right except if I want to exclude intruders..

I installed software, tried to configure internet settings but all invain. Guess they will be posted back soon!

Did you run the configuration utility just before they started working by any chance and is one of the plugs connected via a router?

I bought these homeplugs and they worked fine out of the box. I then ran the Devolo configuration utility to change the security code. As soon as they did that middle light went out and I could not get them to see each other.

AFter 10 minutes I plugged each plug plugs directly into my pc, (rather than via my router). The config program could then see both plugs to change their settings. I then switched them back to the router and they've worked perfectly ever since.

Hope that helps

Well, I had to install software and they worked fine.
However, each time I use them, first they connect then they after a few minutes they fail to connect. Infact I have to switch off/on both plugs about 3 times before connecting again which is then permanent until I switch them off.

Yes they are connected to Belkin N1 wireless router.

I had the same issue, I thought it would be a simple case of plugging them in and they would find each other, (one plugged into router down stairs the other upstairs plugged into the Pc) which they did for about three minutes then the connection dropped.
I run the setup utility to get the two plugs associated to each other and all been working fine since.

Hope this helps

I had to insall the software, but then they worked...... they are fantastic 120Mbps much much better than Netgear which only got 50Mbps.

They were more trickly to gt going than the Netgear, but keep working at it cos once they are goingthey are fantastic.... HD heaven!

I experienced this at first - suggestions;

Re-power the sockets, run the supplied configuration software.

Swap them around.

Keep away from multi-sockets/surge adaptors & extension cables.

As per my other post, my PS3 didn't like the supplied cable but worked fine with its CAT6.

They will work, and are very reliable (the 3 year warranty swayed my purchase).

Persevere!

Technical Support Hotline (9am - 7pm, Monday to Friday)
Phone: 0203 024 18 38
Email: [email protected]

May help in extreme circumstances!

Best Regards

Geeza

Hi All,

Just brought the Deolo Easy AV 200Mb plugs...worked straight out of the box... but..

Getting 3 - 7% packet loss! Mmmm. The informer software (on the CD) reported 182Mb upstream / 167Mb downstream. :eek: "Ping" reported avg. 3m response, very good.

Using applications like Remote Desk the screen refreshes were sluggish, etc. How was I going to stream HD, etc??

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Now got 0% packet loss, flying fast. For all you out there with Gigabit network cards and 100Mb routers... turn down the network card down to 100Mb FULL.

Works like a deam :smashin:

For others who may be researching this product - just as I was but a few days ago - I thought I'd add my experience to this thread in the hope that it helps someone. My experience is similar to the above posts.

I bought the Devolo dLAN 200 AV Starter Kit (twin pack) from Amazon (UK), the supplier was SDH Technology, price ÂŁ77.31 + ÂŁ5.85 p&p. Order placed lunchtime Monday 1 Sept. 08, delivered a.m. Tuesday 2 Sept. Excellent service as I wasn't expecting it for a few days.

Unpacked them, plugged them in and unbelievably I had a network connection. But like others found, after a short time (minutes) the connection dropped.

When I got it connected again - don't ask - I found the speed of connection was very poor and kept dropping out when I streamed a file.

I did the thing with the config utility but that is really about changing the password which isn't necessary and doesn't have any influence on speed.

My setup is: In my PC room I have one device connected to my router (to which my NAS is connected) and the other device is connected to my new Mac-Mini in the living room (only a short distance away as I live in a bungalow).

I tried all sorts of things to improve the stability and performance but reached a point where I decided to seek a refund. As a last resort I rang the Devolo support line (for UK callers it's in Aachen, Germany ) and spoke to a helpful chap called Mike who soon gave me the answer to my problem.

He asked me to run Informer (a prog on the supplied CD) so I could tell him the Upstream and Downstream rates. These were 32 and 29 Mbps respectively. This info confirmed I had a problem.

The cause was that I had one device sharing a distribution board (extension lead) with other items. The power line was thus very noisy thus restricting data flow.

He said if the situation makes it necessary to use an extension lead then only have the dLAN device plugged into it - nothing else. So I did just that and my rates increased to 127 and 177 respectively. Result: a stable network connection and no stuttering when playing media files.

As a final piece of info, the average ping round trip from my Mac-Mini to my NAS is 3.7ms - not great but good enough to smoothly stream mpgs from my NAS via the Mini to my TV (I use Plex to watch them because it's the biz). All without having to run in a cable, courtesy of my Devolo dLAN 200 AV devices.

If there is something you would like to know that I've left out then just ask.

Regards

ToneL

For what its worth I have 4 of these and have moved from a house to a flat and had great networking in both properties. I cant recommend them enough - esp if your wireless is running badly due to old kit or other peoples devices flooding the airwaves.

They are great beleive me. Just switch off and on the plug connected to the device. If it does not work try 2 more times. That is what I do.

Just bought some of these to work with my streaming AV setup. Plug them in, run the setup and change the password and bang it says I have 185mbps up and down between them. They are only a few feet apart for the setup so I thought great no lets see if my laptop can connect. Laptop is Vista 32 and can't really find the connection and the Informer says two plugs are there but no network statistics anymore! All three lights blinking away as normal but nothing.

What is going on?

I get the same thing when I first switch on the devices. Informer shows both of them but there is no info re upstream and downstream. I just wait a short time (>1min) and the info appears. If you have tried this and get nothing then I suggest you do as I did and ring the UK support line 0203 024 18 38. They will soon tell you what the prob is.

Tonel

I get the same thing when I first switch on the devices. Informer shows both of them but there is no info re upstream and downstream. I just wait a short time (>1min) and the info appears. If you have tried this and get nothing then I suggest you do as I did and ring the UK support line 0203 024 18 38. They will soon tell you what the prob is.

Tonel

Ok will try being patient :zonked:

Well that didn't work, however, I tried to upgrade the firmware again (only one installs correctly with this) and then it worked! 130mbps so should be just enough for streaming HD.

Happy days :clap:

I'm having similar problems to what many of you are talking about with AVdesk 200. I can connect for a couple of minutes, seems fine @~35Mb/sec (which is suspicious, according to one post). Not on a power strip, but is a multi-plug outlet, and is sharing a power outlet with all my local computer, route, external hard disk, etc.

I just updated both with new firmware (3.3.4 is what is indicated on the update file).

Still, they drop, and don't reconnect. The power on the second unit is not shared.

The big problem is that I don't have any other power nearby, so I can't fix this with additional power isolation.

Wireless (at least, standard 802.11G) doesn't work since my floors are a big Farady shield due to in-floor heating systems.

Any ideas? Does anybody have any experience with 802.11N if I can't get this to work? I'm avoiding 802.11N as a solution due to other complexities (eg, my current gateway/router is provided by Swisscom, my ISP, and I am locked out of config so can't replicate settings).

id give AV a call if you are having alot of issues. i managed to get some help out of them with mine in the end.

Maybe a silly question - but will it work to connect a switch to these plugs?

My setup would be Plug 1 - Connected to Router/Modem/Internet, Plug 2 - Connected to switch, switch is connected to X360,PS3,Dreambox,Etcetera. Will that also work with the 'power saving mode?'

Maybe a silly question - but will it work to connect a switch to these plugs?

My setup would be Plug 1 - Connected to Router/Modem/Internet, Plug 2 - Connected to switch, switch is connected to X360,PS3,Dreambox,Etcetera.

Yep that'll work fine, as long as Plug 1 is connected to a router.

Will that also work with the 'power saving mode?'

No idea...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom