Aux In to Ford Visteon 6000CD - with CDDJ Button

Mike_JA

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello to all at AVForums - I have been reading for a while but now its time to ask a question!

Please can any of you help me connect an MP3 Aux input to my Visteon 6000CD CD/radio - with CDDJ button?
I have visited several AVForum Threads, all of which have been useful but none of them has answered this particular question.

Car: Ford Focus built mid-2005 - new shape
CD/Radio: Visteon 6000CD - central rotary volume control, CDDJ button (not Aux), and Quadlock connector

My aim is select the MP3 by using the CDDJ button.
Attempts so far:
Tried InCarTec Autoleads 24-220 'Aux-in to Ford Radio' adaptor lead.
This consists of a white 12-pin connector that fits into the unused 'C connector' space on the Quadlock.
It connects pins 5,6 and 11 to 2 RCA sockets.
Result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Tried Connects2 CTVFOX002 (later found advertised as incompatible!)
Same result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Not tried: Ford Part Number 1426121 'AUX input connector Kit' which I have seen marked as 'not suitable for CDDJ' units.

Questions:

Is there a different Ford cable available for the 6000CD with CDDJ button?
Is there a way of persuading the 6000CD that there is a CDDJ connected? What signals should be on which pins?
Is a software patch to the 6000CD needed?

Can anyone help, please?

Mike

:lease:

I'll be intrigued to know the answer to this. I have a 2004 C-Max that had the 6000CD unit with the CDDJ button. I've since swapped that with a 6-disk in-dash unit that replaces the CDDJ button with the Aux button.

I'd really like to use the Aux but, looking at the link below, I think there is some wiring missing on my car before I can continue. The C-block on my ford only has three wires connected. I don't know if these wires can be put in or where they connect to.

http://web.mac.com/zifnab/Visteon_6...Aux_input_on_A_Visteon_6000CD_in_a_C-Max.html

Hi Wrath,

If your CD/Radio has an Aux button and only three wires are present in the 'C' connector, they are likely to be for the Left and Right Audio Inputs and a shared ground. Are the wire colours and positions in the connector the same as described in the the web-page you quote? (Note that the author only used 3 of the 7 pins fitted to his car)

If the wires match you could either:
- buy the appropriate Ford cable, etc. to complete the installation and plug into the loose ends of the wires (try behind the glove box), or
- buy InCarTec 24-220 'Aux-in to Ford Radio' and 24-010 'RCA to 3.5mm Jack' adaptor lead. Fit InCarTec white connector in place of installed white connector, connect RCA plugs and sockets, and leave Jack plug hanging where convenient for MP3.

InCarTec on-line catalogue is at:
http://www.incartec.co.uk/ , 'Products', 'Auxiliary audio interfaces', see Example 1.
I bought InCarTec leads from my local auto shop. Not sure if they do direct retail sales.

No guarantees as to whether these suggestions will work, but cost should be less than having Ford fit a cable.

Best of luck!

Mike

Hi Mike

Did you ever solve this issue as I am having the same problem. I only realised this after ford had sold me the 3.5mm plug & kit for the aux connection. It was only after fitting this that I found I couldn't turn the aux on from the unit.

Did you find a way of making the CDDJ button work as the Aux button?

Thanks

The chap who created the website linked above (showing how to wire your own aux lead in) is kindly looking into whether the CDDJ function can be fooled into accepting another source, e.g an ipod. And he's going to post his findings. Doesn't sound like it will be simple however. I am thinking I may have to replace my CD6000 with the model that does have aux button. Lots on ebay.

I have a ipod to ford interface i bought from my local car audio shop. it is made by Celsus. not on there web site though so email them.

works well on the new ford radio.

www.celsusice.co.uk

Is your ford stereo the cd6000 with the cddj button? If it is, I'll be buying one of those! But maybe you're lucky and have the aux button. Seems problems are exclusive to the new stereo models with cddj rather than aux.

I managed to buy a stereo with the Aux button to replace my unit with the CDDJ button for £65 (the plan now is to sell my old one for a similar price so it hasn't cost me much).

I connected the cable my local dealer sold me alomg with the 3.5mm connector and have just played the ipod through it.

But.....

It sounds awful! The sound is only coming through the left side speaker and it slightly distorted with the vocals hardly audible at all. If I pull the 3.5mm jack slightly out of the ipod then the vocals become louder but still only out of the left side speaker.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere that needs changing or something fixable and it's not just the best it's going to get. Has anyone played an ipod through this Aux connection and got good sound?

Forgot to add - I just bought a standard 3.5mm male to male wire. Is this ok or is there a special wire for ipod's or ford aux connectors?

Ignore sound problems above. It was a fault with the round aux in connector. I exchanged it for another one this morning and the sound is perfect.

Hi,
I've just bought the Cable from Ford. I have a C-Max with a 6000CD with a CDDJ cable. But after connecting it all up, it didn't work :( When I press the CDDJ, it displays 'NO CDDJ' then reverts back to the radio or CD..

Have been on the phone to ford, who have mention that the head unit may need resetting.. But it can only be done by them.. :( Which means an extra £45..

Anybody got any ideas, don't really fancy forking out £45 to get it done unless I really have to?

Many thanks

Hi whgibbo,

This is the first I have heard about 'resetting' the 6000CD CD/radio with CDDJ button, although one of the other AVForum members was investigating. If you get it done, please let us all know how it turned out and the final cost!

If it can be done by Ford, £45 seems reasonable if the alternative is to buy a CD6000 with Aux button on eBay for £40-£85 (plus postage), although you might recover some by selling the old unit.

I might go and ask Ford myself.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Ricky

Im having exactly the same problem you had with the sound being awful after attaching the ford aux cable to my focus.

Did you take the cable back to ford then? I bought mine off ebay and is doing the same thing. wondering if it can be repaired without sending away....

Thanks

I have that problem too!!!!

Same left speaker operation and distorted sound.

Does anyone know if when the AUX in connector is fitted into the gear lever surround panel, it compresses and makes full connection to the jack plug? Or is this just me going mad???

I have fitted my harness loose just to test it and wondered if this had anything to do with the sound quality?????

Last edited:
Problem sorted now, plug connections were faulty, it is possible to pull the plug apart but they are tricky.

adjusted the Jack connection lugs to correct problem.

As regarding the compression of the plug socket itself. I wasn't going mad and there is some sense in it.

The plug needs to be closed by pressing the top down so that the plug clamps itself in the 20mm hole. If this is not done the jack plug will not isert fully causing problems with the sound connections inside.

Any news on the issue with the CDDJ button?
I too have this unit and was wondering how things were progressing?:thumbsup:

I've just bought a focus estate with the CDDJ button and not the aux button. Any news on possible solutions for an aux input..?

Thanks all.
Rolf

I've got a 2004 C-Max with the CD6000/CDDJ button version. Here's the brief version of my struggle with getting iPod sound through it.

For the last 18 months I've been using a Connects2 adaptor AFOIPOD005. However, I believe Connects2 subsequently withdrew it- draw your own conclusions. Mine was extremely unreliable ("NO CDDJ" error only fixable by pulling out the HU and disconnecting/reconnecting the Connects2 box). However, it got a lot better after my car had a fix applied to stop the clock losing time (it was losing a couple of minutes a month and was a known issue).

For the CDDJ versions, I reckon the long and the short of it is that the HU won't play ball unless it's getting some sort of comms from what it thinks is a CD changer. It may be that Ford can upgrade the firmware so it becomes an Aux socket, but I'm not sure my Ford Dealer would have the expertise to do this.

However the Connects2 box has started playing silly beggars with the iPod and I can't resolve it. So I've stumbled across this thread in my search for a solution.

As I'm also interested in getting Bluetooth for the phone, I'm eyeing this Pioneer HU (about £220 not including fascia/quadlock adaptors).

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/121/61/FH-P80BT/index.html

Not sure that really helps anyone, but if I come across anything, I'll post it here.

Any update on this yet???

I've just got an 05 mk2 focus --- 6000cd HU

it has the center volume control -- and a cddj button.

Looked all over the net today, and everyone is saying them same - it's not possible to fit an aux cable.

Has anyone tried contacting ford to see how much it would cost to be fitted/upgraded/firmware.

Ebay dosnt have any in!!

I've looked at the back on my 6000CD with the CDDJ button.
The correct "aux in" wires seem to be connected to the "C" section of the quadlock connector.
Does anyone know what is connected on the other end of them, or where they go to?

I managed to buy a stereo with the Aux button to replace my unit with the CDDJ button for £65 (the plan now is to sell my old one for a similar price so it hasn't cost me much).

I connected the cable my local dealer sold me alomg with the 3.5mm connector and have just played the ipod through it.

But.....

It sounds awful! The sound is only coming through the left side speaker and it slightly distorted with the vocals hardly audible at all. If I pull the 3.5mm jack slightly out of the ipod then the vocals become louder but still only out of the left side speaker.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere that needs changing or something fixable and it's not just the best it's going to get. Has anyone played an ipod through this Aux connection and got good sound?

After reading the thread it seems the best option is to buy cd6000 with the AUX button....however looking at the site there seems to be varying models called cd6000 with aux. Can anyone tell me which one I need? Is it the one with buttons 1-9 or the one with 1-6 (like the one i have in it currently)
I have a 2005 new model ford focus. It comes with the cd6000 with CDDJ
Any help greatly appreciated...this problem has been driving me crazy!

any news on whether ford can reset the HU on the cd6000 to use the CCDJ button as an auxillary button for ipod ?

surely there is a solution for this now ?

cheers

I was trying to use the CD changer socket to provide an AUX input for an ipod.

If you have a 6000CD with CDDJ button this is not possible. The HU looks for the CD changer using a ACP protocal (fords serial comms for audio) and if no connection and handshake available it say no CDDJ connected. do a search for ACP ford and there are a few sites that go into details...

You could design a PIC to mimic the ACP protocal to trick the 6000CD that there is a CDDJ unit. But it may just be better to buy a second hand 6000CD with AUX button.

:(

simon

Hi all! ive been using these forums for a while for research for my Ford Focus 07 'Style'..
ive got the Sony stereo withOUT the ruddy aux in connector so had to buy the genuine Ford part.
All fits great, HOWEVER, the sound is very poor! sounds very tinny, have turned all volume levels and bass levels etc up but still sound is pretty poor..
read on one of these forums that it could be the headphone jack socket so i bought a replacement from Ford, the sound was slightly better this time round but still not very good.
i noticed that some of you on here have posted that you had similar problems so i'd be very grateful if you could spread your knowledge as im struggling still on my quest to have my ipod playing (with decent sound) in my '07 Focus.

many thanks

Ryan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom