Aux connection to Jamo DVR50

E

eastern72

I have connected my CD player to the Aux input, and although it works, the quality is poor.

The CD player is a NAD multi player, and I am using the usual red/white phono cable.

Main problem seems to be that a lot of the sound is coming thru the cental speaker. When I play the CD on the DVR50, the sound is thru left and right only....

Anyone know if/how this can be fixed?

Thanks.

Have you checked that the MODE is not set to PL2MUSIC? The decoding for this does seem to push more through the centre than the surrounds.

Just make sure it is set to STEREO and it should be much better.

Thanks.

I tried changing the mode to Stereo, and that is better.

I am still getting a lot of crackling thru the left and right speakers when the bass is heavier - the sub seems to be working fine.

Could be cheap cables?

If you are using the 305s you should have the cutover frequency on the sub set to max (or very close) to keep the bass out of the small speakers.

Otherwise, check your connections. I don't believe that low-grade cable would make such an audible difference - it hasn't with mine!

Have you tried one of the other auxiliary inputs e.g. video or tv to see if that makes a difference?

I have got the 355's.

When the DVR50 plays CD's they sound fine as loud as I want them, this is what has thrown me.

I will try the different inputs tonight, and I will check the cutover setting.

Perhaps my cleaner dusted a bit too vigourously and reset all 3 dials? Very irritating if this is the case....

Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom