Autumn update details speculation

Ico.

# Compatibility with 3rd party wireless controllers
# Compatibility with messenger pad
# Xbox Live Vision firmware upgrade, sharper image filtering
# Many more Vision Cam settings
# New screensaver settings - when away from Xbox 360, screensaver will play for optional time, before screen goes dark
# New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade
# Brand new “web based adver-games” flash games which aren’t downloaded, but are playable bite sized games, accessed via new Xbox Live Arcade Blade
# New Screensaver option in Themes and Gamer Pics option in Marketplace blade
# New functionality with Messenger, works with chatpad
# New XNA Game Launcher for those that have the program, new options
# New language, time and date settings
# New “advertising opportunities” in gameplay
# Xvid support
# New “favourites” option via Xbox Live Arcade, can rate according to preference
# IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor
# Filter friends list, will be able to filter friends via games
# New clan support - will be able to launch clan games direct from dashboard, can “fold” friends into new clan category in friends list
# Better translations in settings and other options for Japanese, German and Spanish languages
# New quick option to delete via X Button in memory viewer.
# Option for having downloadable In-game content not inform when completed download
# Option for having video content not inform when completed download
# Faster settings for viewing unfinished video content downloads
# New option in Games tab - beta and others, will be launcher for MMO and multiplayer betas
# New option in Marketplace Games tab, search by letter, can be inputted via text pad or console
# Smarter game settings - you can be messaged via publishers about new in-game content for your games
# Picture in picture functionality for DVD Drive and some other updated settings
# Improved USB Keyboard settings
# Improved voice chat settings in game and from dashboard
# Faster response times to Redeem Code settings
# Option to play a Redeemed Code game straight after redeeming code
# Console will now recognise low Hard Drive space, will inform you immediately if can’t download current item, will automatically download next available that is able.
# Increased space size for gamerpics and dashboard themes
# Themes can now be animated
# Themes may now have sound effects
# Better slideshow capabilities, new options added. New sound effects and integration with Hard Drive/ PC music capable.
# New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to take

Link

t1m103

xvid support,hmm.

Spikester84

Novice Member
Thats alot of stuff getting updated. Think its legit?

Steve

PsychoChimp

MS could add DivX/Xvid if it updates the 360 to the new Extenders for Windows Media Center platform, which I hope they do with the Fall Update.

Link

Bilbob

Xvid support IS possible... One of the biggest blocks on adding Divx, is that MS would need to pay a license cost... Effectively costing them cash, with Xvid, it's open source, so would cost them nowt...

D

Deleted member 92943

MS did say that this fall update will include ALOT of new features. IPTV is definately one of them

akane_1984

small one but ability to create your own custom themes (putting a different image in for each blade) then saving theme to hdd.

daveon

Novice Member
I hope they remove trial games from your profile as that is a pain when you are looking at peoples profiles. xvid/divx would be nice but I like the sound of the arcade blade and clan support, if its true that is.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
How will recording live tv ever work? There is no tv tuner in the 360 and no arial input either.

D

Deleted member 92943

My most wanted update i want is still to be able to remove games from Gamertag. I'm ashamed to have played 'The Godfather'

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
MS could add DivX/Xvid if it updates the 360 to the new Extenders for Windows Media Center platform, which I hope they do with the Fall Update.

Link
My most wanted functionality for the 360, I really want to retire my XBMC, but there's nothing out there that rivals it.

Why not give me something that they already support on other systems. :smashin:

Why not allow media player to transocode 'any format' I have to the 360. So the 360 would supoort any current valid media player format. All it does is picks up the installed codes from your pc, they would pay nothing as they are just using what you already have ;)

1 feature I would like to see......On xbox live having it talk to your 360 regarding downloads. So you can set your downloads, sign in to xbox live and it will all be done in the background for you for when you get home.

We will all have to wait and see, maybe we will all fall over our 360's in the fall :cool:

Lateralus

Novice Member
i know this is all well and good but....they are all pretty.....ermm standard? is that the word?

they are all expected. i want something unexpected. something really cool.

everything in that list is all stuff we want but only stuff we will use now and again imo.

they need to do something with gamertags to rival sony's HOME coz that looks freakin sweet

N

NickMon

What I would really like is a new tab on the XBOX LIVE Blade for i can have my Purchased xbox live games on one tab and demo ones on another so I know exactly what I have paid for and down loaded

D

Deleted member 92943

Yes and all those XBOX live demos we have tried..

I know what you mean.

I know that with Arcade games on Major Nelsons podcast they were saying that when you download an arcade Demo it is actually the full game and when you buy it all it does is download a code which unlocks the rest of the game. That's why these trial versions actually appear with the full reatil ones

danwalton

i just hope they make it so i can sign into messenger with my current hotmail email address!

SibTiger33

full mkv support would do it for me

thats all i really need :D:D

estimated download times would be very useful too

DisguisedCoot

whats it say for those of us stuck at work behind a firewall

SibTiger33

whats it say for those of us stuck at work behind a firewall

Reminder: Xbox Live Maintenance

Everyone on LIVE was sent a system message about this last week, but it’s worth a reminder:

On Monday September 10th from 0200-0600 PT (0900–1300 GMT) Xbox Live will be offline for scheduled maintenance. As a result, the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won’t be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available.

There are no new features that will appear when the service comes back online (i.e. there will not be a dashboard update waiting for you.) Everything should be back online and ready to go by 1pm GMT.

This is scheduled maintenance only. After all we need to get ready for H3, right?

(Sorry, I can’t tell you when the next dash update will hit or what is in it)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Bluesound unveils new generation of Node and Powernode audio players