Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing 100% confirmed but makes interesting discussion:

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=386#more-386

* Compatibility with 3rd party wireless controllers
* Compatibility with messenger pad
* Xbox Live Vision firmware upgrade, sharper image filtering
* Many more Vision Cam settings
* New screensaver settings - when away from Xbox 360, screensaver will play for optional time, before screen goes dark
* New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade
* Brand new “web based adver-games” flash games which aren’t downloaded, but are playable bite sized games, accessed via new Xbox Live Arcade Blade
* New Screensaver option in Themes and Gamer Pics option in Marketplace blade
* New functionality with Messenger, works with chatpad
* New XNA Game Launcher for those that have the program, new options
* New language, time and date settings
* New “advertising opportunities” in gameplay
* Xvid support
* New “favourites” option via Xbox Live Arcade, can rate according to preference
* IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor
* Filter friends list, will be able to filter friends via games
* New clan support - will be able to launch clan games direct from dashboard, can “fold” friends into new clan category in friends list
* Better translations in settings and other options for Japanese, German and Spanish languages
* New quick option to delete via X Button in memory viewer.
* Option for having downloadable In-game content not inform when completed download
* Option for having video content not inform when completed download
* Faster settings for viewing unfinished video content downloads
* New option in Games tab - beta and others, will be launcher for MMO and multiplayer betas
* New option in Marketplace Games tab, search by letter, can be inputted via text pad or console
* Smarter game settings - you can be messaged via publishers about new in-game content for your games
* Picture in picture functionality for DVD Drive and some other updated settings
* Improved USB Keyboard settings
* Improved voice chat settings in game and from dashboard
* Faster response times to Redeem Code settings
* Option to play a Redeemed Code game straight after redeeming code
* Console will now recognise low Hard Drive space, will inform you immediately if can’t download current item, will automatically download next available that is able.
* Increased space size for gamerpics and dashboard themes
* Themes can now be animated
* Themes may now have sound effects
* Better slideshow capabilitiesm new options added. New sound effects and integration with Hard Drive/ PC music capable.
* New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to take

IPTV is the big one for me that i want.:thumbsup:

We in Europe were said to be getting Video marketplace in the fall update, but saying that it's already there. Just no content for us.

Sound effects and Animations on the dashboard sounds great

New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to take

That will be nice to have, especially after the time it took some people to d/l the Bioshock demo.

I would quite like a web browser option. It would help as when the wife is on the computer, I can use my Xbox 360. It already has Internet access, so it couldn't take too much to have an IE application installed.

IPTV would be good, but I can imagine it costing quite a bit. I already have access to thousands of programs on Virgin On Demand and most of it is free (subscribed)

Given Microsoft's track record with IE, I'd rather they kept it off the 360. I don't want to have to download AntiVirus stuff from the Marketplace! :eek:

Of course but we know Microsoft like to use 'fall' rather loosely:D

Xvid support is the biggy for me but it's highly unlikely. Still I'm ready to be shocked.

Given Microsoft's track record with IE, I'd rather they kept it off the 360. I don't want to have to download AntiVirus stuff from the Marketplace! :eek:

I completely agree with you on this.

This article is a bit of a reality check for those of you wanting a Browser on the 360:

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertai...le-to-hacks-and-phishing?articleid=1094236302

Wii and PS3 vulnerable to hacks and phishing

Games consoles like the Sony PS3 and Nintendo Wii are vulnerable to malicious viruses and phishing attacks. That's according to Symantec, which has been researching the security vulnerabilities of home appliances.

"We've already seen a piece of malicious code which advertised itself as a mod, a firmware unlocker for the Sony PSP. But if you were to run it, you would have bricked your PSP. It was irrecoverable," Symantec's Ollie Whitehouse told Tech.co.uk.

"Symantec has recently been using the Nintendo Wii to demonstrate that the vulnerabilities that exist on one platform are very likely to exist to some extent on other platforms such as games consoles. Our Security Response Operations Team identified that there was a vulnerability within the Adobe Flash Player on the Windows platform.

"Then they demonstrated that it worked on the Macintosh and then finally they attempted it with the Wii as well and we found that the Wii was just as susceptible to the same vulnerability."

It's a fake list, more of a wish list. The giveaway is "...* Xvid support .."

Xvid is a hacked MPEG4 codec, microsoft will NEVER support it.

i just hope they allow me to sign into MSN using my current hotmail address, otherwise that feature is worthless to me as my gamertag is linked to an old, unused account.

small thing but ability to set a different image for each blade from saved photos/images instead of image being placed on all blades.

Xvid is MPEG-4 Advanced Profile. Simple profile is already supported by the 360! It wouldn't take much to support it. Not likely however.

I do hope that we get the Video Marketplace by the Autumn Update (Fall is something you do when drunk). That 120Gb HD will be empty if they insist on sticking to 480p videos on the UK Video Marketplace. Oh the heady days of watching CSI in HD last Winter is just a hazy memory. Damn you Microsoft and your IP location detectors!

Unless I'm missing something? Me and my two friends have always wanted to be able to have a private chat that includes all three of us, rather than being limited to just one-on-one and constantly having to switch between each other, but with one always left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom