Autoplay - Denon X2700

Ternst

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have a Denon X2700 that works well for most purposes.

However, as I have some B&O equipment in the house, I recently bought a Beosound Core to play music through my B&O app and link for multi-room with my other B&O products.

It’s hooked up to the receiver with toslink (optical) and playback is alright.

I have two issues:

1) I can’t get the receiver to automatically power on and switch to the right input when I start playing on the Core.

2) Volume is very low from the Core if volume is set to variable. It’s fine if I set it to a fixed volume but then I lose volume control in the app. I tried increasing the source level by 12 DB but that is way too little. Should rather be 50…

Any ideas? I am new to Denon so I am hoping I missed something.

If I can’t get the autoplay to work, I guess I will be reselling the Core :(

Hello all

I have a Denon X2700 that works well for most purposes.

However, as I have some B&O equipment in the house, I recently bought a Beosound Core to play music through my B&O app and link for multi-room with my other B&O products.

It’s hooked up to the receiver with toslink (optical) and playback is alright.

I can’t get the receiver to automatically power on and switch to the right input when I start playing on the Core.

There's no automatic way of powering on the Denon via an optical audio input - only HDMI.

I'm not at all familiar with 'Core', but does this device connect to your Denon by an HDMI cable - or are you just using Optical (TOSLink)? If it uses HDMI, then you can use HDMI-CDC to power-on the Denon and select the correct input:

On the Denon select:

Setup
Video/HDMI
HDMI Control: On
HDMI Pass Through: On
Pass Through Source: Last (or select the specific source of the Core)
TV Audio Switching: On
Power Off Control: All

Regards,
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom