Automatic refund for poor service came in 1/4/19 (irony?)

Over by there

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This all announced 2017 but not compulsory. Typical.
Automatic compensation for broadband and landline users
Started yesterday.
Compensation for broadband users goes live

Slow repairs, missed appointments and delayed installations (taken from first link and there is a lot of blurb in the links from the Ofcom one).

Not compulsory though, some have joined and others have not.

This should have been compulsory unless there was a really good reason why not such as severe storms. Poor staff management should not count.

There is a reason why in this document and it is a long read. Still rummaging through it.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/107693/Statement-automatic-compensation.pdf

Long read indeed. Interesting where BT says it is concerned at the way a loss is described.
5.12 is a point worth looking at. 5.17 is OFCOM telling them to stop messing around. BT squirming on the hook at 5.16. There is a link to a BT reply that is quite lengthy. Might explain why they were trying to get me to sign up for "plus" service which got me a repair or other option inside 24 hrs or something, now I know why. I declined.

They (not just BT) are arguing the technical details of "loss of service". For me it is phone don't work. I don't care the technical reason why, that is for the provider to sort out assuming it is not my cabling and instrument. Some of the test kit today is very accurate.

Still rummaging that document.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom