• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Automatic Profile Sign-In Problem

Foster1984

Prominent Member
OK, I'll start from the beginning. I had an old 20gb premium 360 which died from the red ring of death, so I bought a new 120gb elite 360 and recovered my gamertag via Xbox Live. However, this is when my problem started.

At first, when I turned the Elite on it would automatically sign my profile in (it is the only profile on the Elite). However, when I went out and bought a memory unit to move the game files over from the old hard drive to the new one, it stopped signing me in automatically and now I have to select which profile I want to sign in as (but there is only one profile, and I had multiple profiles on the old hard drives and it used mine as the main one).

Any ideas how I can sort it so it automatically signs my profile in again when I turn my Xbox on?

Foster1984

Prominent Member
Have you checked that the Auto Sign in is enabled for the profile ?

Deftones

I didn't know that was a option, don't remember ever doing it for it when it was on the old Xbox.I have Xbox Live set to auto sign-in and it does when i choose the profile.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I didn't know that was a option, don't remember ever doing it for it when it was on the old Xbox.I have Xbox Live set to auto sign-in and it does when i choose the profile.

That might be the option then...:confused:
Option i was thinking of was via the guide button and profile and the option at the bottom Auto Sign In.

Not sure if thats not it.

Deftones

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
It's via the guide, options/settings, profile, auto sign-in, then select Xbox Live auto sign-in.

I'm sure that's where it is, if not just look around until you find it. I know that it can only be accessed via the guide and not the main NXE.

Foster1984

Prominent Member
That might be the option then...:confused:
Option i was thinking of was via the guide button and profile and the option at the bottom Auto Sign In.

Not sure if thats not it.

Deftones

Superb, that has done the trick. Thank you very much. I must have done that on the old console without realising it, as it was bugging the hell out of me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom