Automatic download help

josh_parker123

Standard Member
Id like to be able to automatically download torrents, but am really struggling with rss feeds, can anyone help? a step by step guide would be great

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Id like to be able to automatically download torrents, but am really struggling with rss feeds, can anyone help? a step by step guide would be great
.. and what's that got to do with Home Entertainment PCs?

If you are discussing torrents of movies etc. those are not discussed on these forums.

Iccz

Moved to the Software board, as Stiggy mentioned let's not discuss anything relating to piracy :thumbsup:

josh_parker123

Standard Member
yes no problem thanks for the board move, and we dont need to discuss piracy i just cant get things to automatically download in uTorrent the RSS feeds (all legal of course) show the links but wont automatically download them and then just disappear.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Depending how the RSS reader is set up the links may (usual default) be set to open internally and not with your torrnet client, and so will never work.

When you receive a RSS feed, open it in your web browser and open the link from there.

josh_parker123

Standard Member
UTorrent deals with the feeds internally, and i dont want to have to open the links manually i want them to automatically download.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
OK I see now, I was at a tangent.

Did you tick the auto download box when your created the RSS subscription?

You could try deleting the subscription and re doing.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom