1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automated TV cabinets

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Luc, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know where in the UK to buy TV motorised TV cabinets, ie ones that drop the TV down into the cabinet with a motorised system? The cheapest one i've found is this one --> http://the-office.com/summerlift/liftbox.htm but at $545 dollars, i'm sure there must be cheaper alternatives, and ones that are available in the UK.

2. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanx man, that's exactly what i'm looking for. I KNEW $3000 was excessive.

3. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll post you a phone number for a catalogue tomorrow (haffael, or something like that)

My g/friend is an interior designer and has had one of these built for a client.

Youcan just buy the scissor jack mechanism with motors and switches etc. for about £150 and then modify your own box.

4. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. Here's the rub.

The Company is called Hafele (there should be accents above the "e"'s but I can't be bothered to find out how to do it).

They are a TRADE ONLY catalogue. They supply every widget imaginable, from scissor lifts to kitchen towel rails to brackets that let a TV come out of a shelf and rotate etc. etc.

Their number (for a catalogue) is 01788 542020. Their email address is info@hafele.co.uk

You will obviously need to send them a letterhead or such like (I'm sure you can manage [​IMG] ) to prove you are "trade".

Good luck

Have fun!!

p.s. It's a HUGE catalogue with every obscure thing in it you could think of. A veritable gold mine.