Quantcast

Automan And Manimal Out Soon On DVD In UK

AndyCob

At last, good find, Will finally be able to dump my old Bravo recordings.

vader100

I just know I'm going to be so disappointed if I watch these. I think I prefer my childhood remembrances of awesomeness.:(

HummerUK

What maybe worse is Automan is being done by the same company that did the Airwolf movie on BD.

In which case my old BBC1 recordings may be better.

You can tell by their website that they are really professional and keep their website up to date :)

http://www.fabulousfilms.co.uk/

BTW, Their FB page is more up to date but no mention of Automan.

HummerUK

Last edited:

HummerUK

Automan should now be out on the 1st October.

For a reminder, here is the front credits playing I think at the correct speed...

Automan Theme

I Am Automan on Vimeo

HummerUK

Last edited:

Garrett

Remember rewatching these last time Bravo aired them and you could see why they cancelled !
I remember them both from the 1st time, I always thought Manimal was lame and always change into the same animals, but use to enjoy Automan Saturday??? tea times

Last edited:

WildeKarde

I actually watched the full season of automan on old recordings recently. It was really cheesy, even for the 80's, my son commented that it looked rubbish :rolleyes:

Kids these days didn't realise it was cutting edge then .... :D

HummerUK

My copy of Automan is on its way from Amazon.

I had a £10.00 voucher which made the price easier to swallow :)

Fabulous Films - Automan

HummerUK

HummerUK

Well I have watched the episodes on Disc 1 and the extras on Disc 4.

The picture quality of the pilot seems a little worse than the other episodes but is still pretty good (looks like it was shot on film).

Main extra is good and is about 40 minutes long and is the first interview I have seen with Glen A Larson.

Automan, when it was made was the most expensive TV program to date with a cost of over $1M per episode.

Chuck Wagner has not changed much but Desi Arnaz Jr looks and sounds completely different.

Heather McNair still looks pretty good.

The Fabulous Films website says "Episode Guide Booklet" but all you get are brief notes on the inside of the boxset cover.

HummerUK