1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Switching ? Whats It All About ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bigjonnyauk, Jul 28, 2004.

1. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI ALL

have a bit of a prob here my ntl box is connected to tv in the rgb scart socket

the lads ps2 is connected in the normal scart socket i have just reorganised my amp and stuff and realised they were in wrong way round due to crabby tele i hadnt noticed

but now they are right way round the ps2 wont work

i have set it to normal output not rgb plugged it into normal scart socket great i get a picture

but then when i put the ntl into the rgb scart the picture for the ps2 dissapears into blank heaven

take it out the picture comes back

is the rgb taking priority or something and how do i stop this i have tried putting my ntl on standby and still the same

cheers does ntl have some sort af auto switching feature that can be disabled

got my new tosh 32inch coming friday so want to get it sorted as that has the same 1 rgb and 1 normal

also i dont want to get a switch box

thanks

2. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't really help you with your specific problem and I'm going to completely ignore your last sentence by rewcommending the below product, I got one and have all three games consoles running through it and it works a treat - 4 RGB scarts, absolutely no loss of quality and it looks stylish and will blend into your AV setup. You're really missing out by having a non-rgb PS2 feed

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/gaming/gamecube/productView.htm?quicklinx=3160

3. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    moo thats all well and a very nice product but from what i can gather i cannot do the following on one of these and this seem to happen on a very regular basis in my house

the lad is playing the ps2 the wife wants something recording from ntl

so this means the ps2 video and ntl box all switched on at the same time and running

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    If you have the VCR output SCART on the NTL box linked directly to your VCR SCART, then it will make no difference if the PS2 is on or not. TV output SCARTs on both NTL and PS2 connected to auto-switch box, with lead from this going to RGB-enabled SCART on the TV. NTL and PS2 in RGB, with VCR by-passing through NTL box when needed. Job done :thumbsup: