Auto switching panasonic plasma

E

embees

When I switch my plasma on it drops to RF input, however, I use cable only so have no RF input.. anyway I can make it switch to AV1 when it switches on instead?

You need to enter a hidden menu and then you will be able to set an initial input.

To get into the hidden menu, go to the setup menu and highlight the language option and then press and hold (for about 3 secs)the surround sound button on the remote - you will then get a screen with some new options...just find the one for initial input and set to what you need...

JJ

Also, buttons on the unit dont appear to work.. unless they dont if not hooked to things?

What Panny model is it. It sounds like a PA20. I have a PA20 and i would like the screen to do a similar thing but cannot find a way how. Anyone with a PA20 have any ideas?

Lee

its a panasonic 5 with the tuner hooked up.. i run everything from the tuner to the screen.

Embees, you should modify your setup. There is absolutely no reason to use the panasonic tuner unless you have to have analogue TV. You might be able to sell it on Ebay, and get yourself properly sorted.

MAW, I am using it because it means I can use scart from my cable box.. unless there is another way? is the tuner causing the menu issue?

nothing, I juat have the tuner and everything going into it.. if the tuner isnt on the tv wont come on.. i will try unhooking the actual cable.

Ok, got to the secret menus.. ok.. plugged the tuner box back in (its the only connector board i have) and it ignores those settings I set... tuner is rubbish, but im stuck with it.

No, what else do you want to display on the screen? It's perfectly possible to do without, but I can't tell you what you need to do without knowing this. You can use the VGA port, or you might havr to find a video card for a 5 series. There must be some on somebody's shelf and you are in the right place to ask. If all your sources are RGB like the cable STB, you won't need a card at all.

I have the tuner, and into that goes the cable box, dvd recorder, dvd player and xbox

If you can get them all to do RGB on scart, then you could use a scart switch box and a JS RGB to VGA converter, and disconnect the tuner. Cost just under £200 I should think. You might be able to sell the tuner for that, it works with the 6 series, get a better picture and more control for no money. Are we good to you?

err, yes ;) thanks.. im pretty sure the dvd players and the cable do rgb - just need to check the xbox :)

It can, but you might need an adapter. Not very familiar with x-box, but must be similar to PS2 in that respect. It'll be composite till you buy the bit, £20 or so I should think.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom