1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto switching on a Hitachi. Pls help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ABBITEA, Sep 7, 2003.

1. ABBITEA

ABBITEA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I have a hitachi 42pd3000 with the following connected:-

Sony Dav 550 home cinema system (new today)
    Will have sky+ on Thursday (should of been tody but that's another story. So at the mo I have NTL cable.)

The dav is connected by component to AV4
    The NTL box is on AV2

I need help.:blush: If I am watching cable then switch the sony on I would like the plasma to auto switch to the DVD. And of course when I powerdown the DVD I would like the cable box to come back on.

At the moment neither of the above happens. when the DVD is poweed up the screen still shows the cable picture.

If I switch off the DVD the TV asks for confirmation of signal then switches to standby.

I am sure my old DVD a sony 400d did auto switch the screen. BTW it was connected to AV3

What am I doing wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think that you only get auto-switching with Scart. As you have your DVD connected by component your screen wont switch to AV4 when you switch it on.

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Richard is correct, I've got a 42PD3000 with the DVD connected via component and it doesn't autoswitch, only the devices connected via scart will do this.

John

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Whilst it's possible to buy a converter to change YUV into RGB with minimal losses, it still won't send a signal on the switching pin AFAIK, it just does the rgband synch on G pins. The lack of scart is a problem with the DAVS system, which otherwise has a reasonable video output. Basically, you're stuffed on that one. With a monitor plasma like the PMA there are other ways of accomplishing this, but your only recourse is a universal remote and a macro to do it for you. I've never done a PD3000 remote so I don't know if there are any issues with that option.

5. ABBITEA

ABBITEA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the info. I'll stop trying then.

I do have a phillips pronto so will programme a macro.

Thanks