1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto switch

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by reevesy, May 19, 2005.

1. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    hi all,
    can anyone out there tell a thicket how to use the auto switch on my kef psw 3000?
    i know when the sub is switched over to auto its meant to switch it'self off after 10 mins of being idle when finished with but the trouble is once i've flicked the selector over to auto i cant seem to turn the sub on.
    it wont switch on via the remote and i tried turning everything on thinking it might detect a signal but no joy.
    i have'nt bother to use it since i got the sub but just lately after a few drinky poos i've been trotting off to bed fogetting to switch it off so i thought it might come in handy if i started using it.any pointers?

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    apparantely its ok to leave it on all the time, don't hold me to that, just something i picked up on these forums!

3. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    yep i had heard the same, low power whilst on stand-by and idle,unlike a tv but it'll still be nice to know its off.saying that i'd probably lie awake until i came back downstairs and checked anyway.

4. spuddler

spuddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi,if the low level input signal to the subwoofer is too low auto function may not work.Either increase the gain on your amp(ie volume)which will increase low level input signal or if you can increase the gain for the subwoofer in your amp setting's this will increase LLIS to your sub(Auto should work then)the volume of your sub may be too high then,so turn down the gain on your Sub to compensate.Hope this will work for you.
    BOB

5. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also if your subwoofer has two (L+R) inputs, try buying a y splitter to connect one lead to both sockets, as some subwoofers have a gain of 6db with this, may make it notice it a bit more!

6. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    cheers chaps
    got a y splitter fitted,i'll have to try adjusting settings as suggested.at the mo the volume on the sub is fairly low (3 led blocks) working on less is more,i'll have a fiddle later.