1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto switch to HDMI input on Tosh 32WL56

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Tycho, Jun 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tycho

Tycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Toshiba 32WL56 and a Samsung 850 connected by HDMI. When I had these connected by scart, the TV used to switch to DVD source when the DVD player was switched on. With the HDMI connection, this doesn't happen and I have to select it manually.

Is this normal? It isn't a show stopper but is a bit of a pain.

2. ener1

ener1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I also have a Toshiba 32WL56 and i think you can only switch it manually. The scart sends a little electrical message which makes the TV select the correct channel. Well thats what i understand of it....i might be wrong ofcourse :rolleyes:
    Ener1

3. JuMpPa

JuMpPa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently dont own a LCD-TV, but its stated in the HDMI standard that devices can use HPD (Hot Plug) signal to to "wake up".
    I dont know is this feature used at all, but what I can see from your dilemma I think it isnt in common use :)

Like ener1 sayd Scart has a "wake up"-pin that tells the receiving end to take notice and switch to receive the signal.

I think u should try to live with the "problem" :)

4. Tycho

Tycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the replies guys, it is only a nuisance rather than a big pain so I'll live with it.