Auto Setup problem with 875

GIZTO29

Established Member
Reaction score
When i run the Audyssey setup it goes through my 6.1 system but then says theres an error with the front 2 speakers (L & R). The strange thing is though the speakers are making the pips when highlighted and when i went into the manual section to do it that way temporarily the distances had already been set right. The front L & R made the pips twice whereas the other speakers just done it once. Did everyone elses do this?

When i run the Audyssey setup it goes through my 6.1 system but then says theres an error with the front 2 speakers (L & R). The strange thing is though the speakers are making the pips when highlighted and when i went into the manual section to do it that way temporarily the distances had already been set right. The front L & R made the pips twice whereas the other speakers just done it once. Did everyone elses do this?

Heres an update on my problem.

After leaving the Audyssey well alone for a while i decided to try again and after speaking to Tim at Lintone Audio today i took his advice and tried swapping some speakers to see what happened. Firstly i swapped the front left cables with the centre cables at the reciever end and ran the test again. This time the centre speaker (which was actually the front left) failed along with the front right. The left speaker on screen (now the centre) passed. Then i decided to swap the phase of the front left and right after putting the centre back in its correct place but this just done as the first time. Front L & R detect fail.
Then i tried unplugging my single back surround which is plugged in Back Surround Left and this time the front left only ran one cycle of pips. The centre did one cycle but then the front right done 3 cycles. All others did one cycle then at the end the front L & R both stilll failed.
As i said before things sound great but i just want this to work as its bugging me now. I have the Kef 6.1 5005 sub/sat package and have the speakers set to 6ohms and normal.

Any ideas?:confused::confused:

i would use the cables that passed the test and use them on left and right with no other speakers connected test if pass add the centre with a cable you no has passed and so on if you add centre and L and R fail use your two rears as fronts and test if pass it may be speakers .

it is a pain this i no i connected me rears too surrsound back instead off surround :( i changed speaker cable and all that sounds stupid now but 3 1/2 hours i was stunned when i found out lol

hope this helps

Hi Nam, what are you referring to with the 3.5 hours mate? I know im gonna have to do more tests but im just dreading doing what you mentioned. The kefs are a mare as theyre on stands which cover the terminals and even still the terminals are very awkward to get to not to mention all my cables are fastened together going towards the reciever.:(:(

Hi Nam, what are you referring to with the 3.5 hours mate? I know im gonna have to do more tests but im just dreading doing what you mentioned. The kefs are a mare as theyre on stands which cover the terminals and even still the terminals are very awkward to get to not to mention all my cables are fastened together going towards the reciever.:(:(

the 3.5 hours before i figgered i had them in wrong connections in back lol class that well ****** me off

i no what you mean with the cables tidyed away . can you get hold of some speaker cable at all thing is then your not testing you main speaker cable . but it needs tobe sorted this chould be somthing or nothing. just hope it not speakers or amp mate . i whould def start from 2 speakers and move up (remember too disable the speakers in setup) i forgot to do that as well
also your not using banna plugs are you if so take them off and wire direct

me frend had a hum though his speakers for 3 years (very low) he had electricans in and all that in old house they said it ws the earth in old house and house needed re-wireing then he moved too a new house and he got same it turned out it was the sub lead :( mad or what he only found out due just unplgging it for cleaning . he forgot to turn system off

are them kefs the thx ultra ones if they are there the ones me mate had dam pain all hidden behind covering

I am using banana plugs and no they arent thx mate. I just cant bring myself to do all mentioned at the moment. If the amp sounded crap then yes but it sounds good so im not tearing my hair out......yet! Its the fact that it wont work thats annoying and i know it can be set manually aswell. As it is now.

I am using banana plugs and no they arent thx mate. I just cant bring myself to do all mentioned at the moment. If the amp sounded crap then yes but it sounds good so im not tearing my hair out......yet! Its the fact that it wont work thats annoying and i know it can be set manually aswell. As it is now.

banana plugs take them off first and try test that easyest first. connect direct to speakers and amp. no what you mean you pay for the audessy and can not use it .

even when i connected me speakers wrong the speaker test did still work it only failed when i did audessy setup

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom