1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto SCART input selection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Errol_P, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Errol_P

Errol_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV used to be connected to a Freeview box via SCART. Whenever the TV was powered on the signal through AV1 was detected and it would switch automatically to the Freeview input.

I now have a Yamaha A/V amp and my Freeview box connects first into the amp with a SCART-->3x phono cable, then on to the TV with a 3x phono-->SCART cable.

This new arrangement does not give any switching signal to the TV and consequently when powered on the TV reverts first to the convention tuned channels. These are now largely redundant and it is a constant pain to continually select AV1.

What I am wondering is; is it possible to fool the TV into selecting AV1 on startup, by looping back some pins at the TV end of the SCART cable to give the required switching signal. If so, which pins need linking?

Many thanks and sorry for the length of the thread.

Errol

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Errol, and welcome to the forums. :)

A much better solution would be to run the digibox straight into your tv via scart as you did before you got the Yamaha, and then use the phono outputs on the back of your tv to run the left and right audio to the Yamaha receiver. Also make sure that your digibox is setup to output an RGB signal via it's scart socket.

The scart to three phono setup you have at the moment means that you are using composite video signals which result in the worst possible picture quality.

Your a/v receiver should only be used for switching video signals if you find that your tv doesn't have enough inputs to cater for your needs, but even then if you have equipment which is RGB capable, then you should always aim to use that signal and connect directly to your tv's RGB scart input.

Hope this helps. :smoke: