• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Auto Bluetooth switcher?

Kev12

Is there such an app?
Basically, all I want is Bluetooth switching on automatically when the phone detects my paired head unit.

To clarify, I don't want Bluetooth on at all, only when I'm in the car.

bubs999

Yes Llama or Tasker.

I personally use Llama and have my Bluetooth set to come on when I leave my home wifi it's then set to wait 5 minutes and then turn off if Bluetooth isn't connected (is assuming I'm not in my car)

You can set then to do pretty much anything you want. Tasker is more powerful, but it's also very difficult to use. Llama on the other hand is a piece of **** to use :D

SHATNERSTACTIC

NFC is quite good for this too as geo fencing/ap detect will miss the places you don't regularly drive to. Just keep a tag or sticker on your key ring or in the car and is just a quick tap.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

kosymodo

I personally use Llama and have my Bluetooth set to come on when I leave my home wifi it's then set to wait 5 minutes and then turn off if Bluetooth isn't connected (is assuming I'm not in my car)

Hi. Recently installed Llama, and wish to do something very similar to you. However, I can't work out how to set my home wifi as a zone, only a cell or map point. Would you be able to explain how you went about it? Thanks! :thumbsup:

bubs999

Hi. Recently installed Llama, and wish to do something very similar to you. However, I can't work out how to set my home wifi as a zone, only a cell or map point. Would you be able to explain how you went about it? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Here is my Bluetooth setup
I use it for 2 WiFi areas, hence there are two WiFi id's there

Attachments

• 1368479282042.jpg
    1368479282042.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 1368479358366.jpg
    1368479358366.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 118

kosymodo

Brilliant! Thanks for this :thumbsup:

I'm now in the middle of setting it all up as I want it...there's certainly lots of options!

KCooperman

Bluetooth is turned on only while talking over the telephone..It will be automatically switch on/off.....

I tried this with the bluetooth in my car using Tasker. Sometimes it took a while to connect, meaning that by the time I answered the call the person had hung up. Now I just leave the bluetooth on all of the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom