1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authorizing HD5 problem?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by djpowell, Aug 28, 2005.

1. djpowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    What are the benefits of authorizing the player. I assume that you need to do it to use Connect, but how does it affect MP3s and Atrac3 files that you have put on the device yourself?

With an unauthorized player I can't copy MP3s off the device, even onto the same PC (if they've been removed from the PC) - is that correct? Does authorizing change this?

What about ATRAC3's?

Also I don't seem to be able to find the controls in the SonicStage interface to let me authorize the player. I originally installed SonicStage 3.1 from the CD, but the "System Check" that is linked from the "Registration" page on Connect Music Store, told me I needed to install the Connect Europe version of SonicStage, so I did that. But the System Check page now says:

"It is not possible for the System Check Tool to identify the SonicStage® version.
    Please use the download button once only to obtain the SonicStage® CONNECT Europe Edition."

Which I've already done - is this normal?

Also the Device Properties button in SonicStage shows me how much space I have left on the device, but doesn't show me anything about authorizing - the bottom half of the window is just blank.

My Help About page says:

SonicStage :
    SonicStage Add-on for CONNECT Download :
    SonicStage Add-on for ATRAC Audio Device :
    OpenMG Secure Module :
    MagicGate Memory Stick Device :
    NW-E2, NW-E3, NW-E5 and NW-E8P :
    OpenMG CD :
    MsPro :
    CD Walkman :
    Hi-MD :
    Music Clip, NW-S4, NW-E7 and NW-E10 :