1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authored DVD to Hard Disk goes all choppy for last 40 minutes!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DaveH, Jun 13, 2005.

1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi all,

I have a really weird problem.

I put two home made videos I did onto my computer and did a simple splice together of them using Womble software. This created my dvd compliant mpeg with an avg bit rate of 6000.

The footage came to about 4 hours and 3 minutes. So I authored a simple DVD in Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0 (I also tried DVD Lab Pro). After the dvd was created to my hard disk it was just under 8 Gig. I figured I would use something like DVD Shrink later on.

I have not burnt it to DVD-R/+R as it produces the following problem.

Now here is the bizarre bit. The playback is fine until it gets to the last 40 minutes or so of footage and then the video does this awful frame skipping (it may be missing frames). Audio which is in AC3 2.0 is fine and shows no distortion.

Now the last 40 minutes are not where the beginning of the original second part of footage I recorded began. So it's not that the two splices are so different because they work fine together until the last 40 minutes of the second footage.

What is bizarre is that if you run the .IFO file through something like media player the video plays unaffected even for the last 40 minutes.

So in summary if you play it off the hard disk it goes choppy for the last 40 minutes (If you play the VIDEO_TS folder) but if you open the .IFO file the playback is fine. This is not good enough because when I burn it to disk it is going to behave as the VIDEO_TS folder.

What am I overlooking? I am really stumped on this one.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I have authored many dvds in the past but this has really gotten me stuck.

Thanks in advance.