Aurora

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Neil F Holland, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Neil F Holland

Neil F Holland
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Who are these guys? The only Aurora I could find on the net were in Newport, Gwent and didn't really mention being saviours of the universe on their website...

I hear they're about to enable the Pio MXE-1 to join the (very selective) fully HDTV enabled display club (Only screens that are HDCP compliant and accept digital signals at 720p(50) and 1080i(50) need apply)

Telephone box hired for next AGM...

Any inside news on when they are likely to deliver their magic board? :lease:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Hi Neil, www.auroramultimedia.com/ is where they are. The board is 'due' in the next few weeks, how much supply there'll be is anyone's guess, ask Joe! There are now some competing announcements, so I'd say a price fall is on the cards. But then there is quite a lot of pent up demand, I guess 15 or so forum members will be in a struggling mass at the front of the queue. And, the big one, though maybe not for you, they no not necessarily accept [email protected], but will accept XGA @50Hz, with HDCP. ie all they are adding to the screen is HDCP. This is fine, you need to add a scaler, that's all. Iscan at 995, Lumagen, I think the basic one can do it at £830 ish. Then you have native res at 50Hz, which to my way of thinking is what you really want.