Auralex Subdude - where to buy from?

rags

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been searching on the web but the cheapest place I can find has it for £157!

Can anyone recommend a retailer thats more reasonable price wise. The £157 surely must be mistake given how much a Gramma sells for.

Thanks

£157 for something that stops sound reaching your furniture. mmmmmm

Nice sub setup, if it works :smashin:

I'd have to question the value of those mats though, seeing as the Impact STL graph is an estimate and not even proven :eek: :thumbsdow

That's absolutely shocking, IMO.

Auralex Acoustics - SubDude

I'd also have to ask why you're bothering, when my guess is an old blanket would do a better job.

That said, I'm a pretty good moocher, so I'll have a look for you :smashin:

Thanks Badger - I would have preferred to order locally but the UK price is insane.

Dolphin Music is the UK distributor for Auralex and on its website the Subdude is £157 whilst the Gramma is £39. In the US the subdude is marginally cheaper than the Gramma and per your link is available for around £30. Either Auralex or Dolphin have completely lost it when it comes to UK pricing......

Get one free with an SVS cylinder ;) does the job just as well :D

DSCN1851.jpg

I am really annoyed that we in the UK are being ripped off like this :D .

How can the UK distributor justify a price of £157 in the UK - thats more than four times the US price! The Gramma in the UK is £39 - go figure that one out :mad:

I spoke to them this morning - they believe their website price is correct but are currently rechecking.

That is some good haggling :D

Yeah it was! Just placed the order. Scary what a bit of negotiating can do :D

This was clearly a pricing error by the UK distributor which has now been corrected.

I made my own - you can buy Auralex foam in large strips, bought one for £10-15 IIRC then used it under a solid granite paving slab for £25 ...so £35 ish and looks a lot nicer than just plain Auralex and does the trick :smashin:

I made my own - you can buy Auralex foam in large strips, bought one for £10-15 IIRC then used it under a solid granite paving slab for £25 ...so £35 ish and looks a lot nicer than just plain Auralex and does the trick :smashin:

I dont build mate, I negotiate. How about £10 for your one? :D

Only joking. The granite paving slab mounted on Auralex strips sounds like a good looking (and probably more solid) alternative. Might give it a try.

They love it over the pond HERE. Never heard of the thing myself until now, and I am surprised at £157 that anyone had.

amazing how some 3" thick auralex foam is less than £20, which does the same job, but if they make a base its £150 odd?

amazing how some 3" thick auralex foam is less than £20, which does the same job, but if they make a base its £150 odd?

To be fair, I think they made a mistake with the pricing. Now available for £50 on their website.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom