• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Auralex Mopads - Speaker isolater


Standard Member

I have recently got a new wooden desk and my speakers seem to vibrate quite a lot on it which makes the speakers sound sort of muddled with anything with bass in. I have been recommended the Auralex Mopads but they are quite expensive for what looks like some foam, correct me if im wrong though. Is there any cheaper alternatives than these that would do the job?

The speakers are Cambridge Audio S30's by the way.

Thanks :)


Active Member
I use milty foculpods under my speakers and under my valve headphone amp, they provide fantastic isolation


There are 2 sizes, those in the link are the larger size which are suitable for speakers.


Standard Member


Well-known Member
I would just say that the Auralex Mopads are very good though, especially useful if you want to angle the speakers up or down a bit. I use them under my centre speaker and they are extremely effective.



Active Member
I don't think it would be as good, it's designed for a completely different application and I doubt it'll isolate well, especially when compressed under the weight of a speaker.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom