Aural Envelope SC10?

PsychoChimp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is the Aural Envelope SC10 any good for a budget subwoofer (got it for £21)?
Can't seem to find any info on it except for a short review on richersounds... :confused:

Gonna be used for music only. I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop and Drum & Bass / Dubstep so needed a bit of low end! :devil:

Chimp

If you've already got it you should know whether it's any good or not :)

My opinion (without hearing it) is that it cannot be anywhere near high fidelity at that price and will probably boom and distort like mad.

Not actually received it yet but the price was too good to miss.

Will probably sell it on it it's not suited to my tastes.

Technical specs would be helpful if anybody can find them?!

Chimp

Need a bit of help setting this up!

I want to connect high level as my amp doesn't have a sub output.

But do I connect the sub directly to the amp (in the same sockets as the main speaker) from the high level in?
Or connect the amp to the high level in on the sub and then from the sub high level out to the main speakers?

A diagram would be helpful!

Thanks,

Chimp

If on the sub you have high level in only it should be the former. If you have high level in and out then it should be the latter. Probably best to post up a picture of the back panel when you receive it and we can take it from there.

Dave

I have high level in and out so I'll be doing the latter, thanks for clearing that up!

No doubt I'll be asking more questions about set up in a while...

Chimp

Got it plugged in using the tape out from my amp into the low level input (rca)...
Will probably switch to the high level when I can be bothered finding some suitable speaker wire because it's annoying having to change the volume on the sub and the amp!

But the serious problem is the hum coming from the sub even when nothing is connected.
Some kind of ground (earth) problem?

Chimp

There is a loud buzz/hum coming from the sub even when nothing is connected (except the power).
Is there anything I can do?

Chimp

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom