Aural Envelope ORBIT 851 query

Dom Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these around the time the thread below was created, but it has finally given up the ghost. There's a lot of deep bass in Melancholia which was rocking it plenty and when I turned it back on a few days later, I just get a loud hum that's nothing to do with anything connected to it. Even when I thumped a load more bass from the film just to try and annoy it, the hum eventually went away but there was no 'woof' in the subwoofer any more :(

What I can't find, and which I'm posting here to ask, is the wattage on it. It says 130W on the back, but can it really be for the £80 it cost me back then?

I've just bought a Cambridge Audio S80 (for £100 from Richer Sounds, where I previously bought the Aural) but before I open it up and use it (which would negate me being able to take it back), I know that only does 50W, whereas I thought the Aural was 80W and I want to make sure I'm getting the right bang for my buck. I certainly thought I'd get more 7 years on than I did back in 2005.

I went to the www.aural-envelope.com website listed on the back of the amp but it no longer exists, hence my request for help, here, please.

PS. I can't reply to this thread as it's too old.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/subw...05-aural-envelope-orbit-851-any-opinions.html

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom