August Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to shango for winning July's Competition.

The theme was "Man Made" which he won with this picture!

For July he has chosen the theme "Flight" :)

tbc Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Closing date 29th August at 6'ish :)

This is going to be a challenge I think, can't think of too many options but maybe the INV thread will prove me wrong ;) Hopefully Dennis (@den9112) will see this comp and enter this month :smashin:

Hope it's not too tough a theme, thought it was specific but fairly open too.

Birds, Planes, Drones, Superman, Insects, Kites, Gliders, Balloons, paragliders, Stairs etc.

Darts, don't forget darts.

This is going to be a challenge I think, can't think of too many options but maybe the INV thread will prove me wrong ;) Hopefully Dennis (@den9112) will see this comp and enter this month :smashin:
Its funny you should say that ,i was just having a nosey on here ,mainly due to Jim commenting on one of my latest flight shots on flickr and low and behold ,flight is the theme ...i may try one ,thanks for the mention though ...

Unfortunately I am in hospital, with very high infection blood levels and IV antibiotics at the moment. Hopefully I'll be out soon and back in shape to try at least some kind of entry this month. (Probably gulls... :cool: ) Inv. thread already shows better than great promise for this theme. Fabulous works!

Unfortunately I am in hospital, with very high infection blood levels and IV antibiotics at the moment. Hopefully I'll be out soon and back in shape to try at least some kind of entry this month. (Probably gulls... :cool: ) Inv. thread already shows better than great promise for this theme. Fabulous works!
Get well soon Marika x

Sorry to hear that M, get well soon.

Very sorry to hear that M - get well soon :love:

...get them to shoot you up with some "good stuff" and take a Selfie.... :devil::rotfl:

Thanks, you all :) I got sent home yesterday. My consultant said it's safer to be at home than at the hospital, so I'm now on bucket loads of antibiotics per mouth, but I get to sleep in my own bed. Hallelujah!!! It was a nightmare week. Managed to get a very bad infection going in my stomach by waiting too long to see my GP... Yes, I know, should have just gone when I first realised that the pain is too hard to just be any kind of normal stomach pain, but I tend to have a very high pain threshold and here we see it's not always a good thing. Anyway, enough about that, I've learned my lesson, next time I'll go early! :cool:

@shotokan101 LOL, I did get some good stuff for the pains, but unfortunately it didn't make me fly! The near 40C fever did though, that was kind of trippy! But still, not suitable viewing for the interwebs :)

Its been a long time since i posted a shot in the photo comp,i used to look forward to them a few years ago ...However as i have always enjoyed taking shots of birds in flight ,it was a good excuse tonight to try for some little owl shots..this is a shot just before sunset of a juvenile in flight ,main focus on the eye with enough wing blur and wing angle to say flight ,IMHO no doubt i will get plenty more as the weeks go on but i dont want to get to obsessed with looking for just flight shots a family holiday and a few other intrests will take care of that ...
Juvenile in flight (1 of 1) by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Its been a long time since i posted a shot in the photo comp,i used to look forward to them a few years ago ...However as i have always enjoyed taking shots of birds in flight ,it was a good excuse tonight to try for some little owl shots..this is a shot just before sunset of a juvenile in flight ,main focus on the eye with enough wing blur and wing angle to say flight ,IMHO no doubt i will get plenty more as the weeks go on but i dont want to get to obsessed with looking for just flight shots a family holiday and a few other intrests will take care of that ...
Juvenile in flight (1 of 1) by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Hi Den - yet another great Litle Owl shot :cool: - I trust that you haven't been away from the "Compo. Crew" for so long that you have forgotten that (if that shot is meant to be your entry?) you should create a seperate thread in the Photo Comp forum for it ? ;)

Jim

Thanks, you all :) I got sent home yesterday. My consultant said it's safer to be at home than at the hospital, so I'm now on bucket loads of antibiotics per mouth, but I get to sleep in my own bed. Hallelujah!!! It was a nightmare week. Managed to get a very bad infection going in my stomach by waiting too long to see my GP... Yes, I know, should have just gone when I first realised that the pain is too hard to just be any kind of normal stomach pain, but I tend to have a very high pain threshold and here we see it's not always a good thing. Anyway, enough about that, I've learned my lesson, next time I'll go early! :cool:

@shotokan101 LOL, I did get some good stuff for the pains, but unfortunately it didn't make me fly! The near 40C fever did though, that was kind of trippy! But still, not suitable viewing for the interwebs :)

Glad you're on the mend.
My own 'suffering' is entirely self inflicted as I'm halfway through the biggest four days of drinking that I have every year!

Glad you're on the mend.
My own 'suffering' is entirely self inflicted as I'm halfway through the biggest four days of drinking that I have every year!

LOL - so what's the "Anniversary" of then ?

LOL - so what's the "Anniversary" of then ?

Rebellion Festival. It's pretty much four days of liver abuse wrapped up with the excuse of a punk rock festival. Great fun, but the body isn't as willing as the mind these days.
I need to hold back on the photos too, 460 the first day! A little less than that today at least.

Rebellion Festival. It's pretty much four days of liver abuse wrapped up with the excuse of a punk rock festival. Great fun, but the body isn't as willing as the mind these days.
I need to hold back on the photos too, 460 the first day! A little less than that today at least.
But you need the photos because liver abuse and memory dont go well together.

Haha, so, so true.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom