Audyssey results

tails007

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just run Audyssey multi eq via the app and have attached screenshots of the results. The sound is much more balanced now i've done this and i don't need to turn the volume up to ear bleeding level to hear the vocals.

I don't understand:
  • midrange compensation, should this be on? what does it do?
  • dynamic volume and LFC - dont think i need this as there is nothing above the room and no neighbours around
  • target sound options - what are these? What would be the difference between 1 and 2?
  • is a 200hz crossover correct for my setup? (googling says the frequency range of my front 3 is 87 - 27000 (Hz) )
  • -7.0 and -9.5 for my subs seems quit quiet (assuming closer to 0 is louder? I like a bassy effect, should I up this?)

Could anyone in the know have a look at the images and tell me your thoughts please?

It's worth noting that currently I only have a sofa in the room. Awaiting carpet/curtains/blinds etc.

My setup:

(I could have subs 1 and 2 round the wrong way)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-163545.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163545.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20210204-163533.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163533.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20210204-163527.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163527.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210204-163521.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163521.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20210204-163517.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163517.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210204-163459.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163459.png
    146 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20210204-163449.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163449.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210204-163425.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163425.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210204-163435.png
    Screenshot_20210204-163435.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Odd results with the front l/r the levels are quite different, but then again you have some "special speakers". Shame about the high crossover settings, if you lower them you lose any correction below. It´s usually advised not to lower what you get.

Most people puts the midrange compensation Off as it´s finally possible to do with the app!

Dynamic Volume and LFC keep Off at normal day times.

High frequency roll off 1 or 2. You can try both, but i would probably keep 1.

Bump up the surround and surround back crossovers, at least to 80hz.

I would advise against using the Kef sub with SVS. It´s sealed by design where as the SVS is ported so there is high chance that you get worse results using them together. Phase issues, cancellations etc. The Kef can´t keep up with SVS either if you would really open up the MV knob. Better to sell it and buy another PB1000!

Odd results with the front l/r the levels are quite different, but then again you have some "special speakers". Shame about the high crossover settings, if you lower them you lose any correction below. It´s usually advised not to lower what you get.

Most people puts the midrange compensation Off as it´s finally possible to do with the app!

Dynamic Volume and LFC keep Off at normal day times.

High frequency roll off 1 or 2. You can try both, but i would probably keep 1.

Bump up the surround and surround back crossovers, at least to 80hz.

I would advise against using the Kef sub with SVS. It´s sealed by design where as the SVS is ported so there is high chance that you get worse results using them together. Phase issues, cancellations etc. The Kef can´t keep up with SVS either if you would really open up the MV knob. Better to sell it and buy another PB1000!
Thanks very much. I did the setup yesterday too and it said that the front 3 should be 120HZ crossover.

What does the high frequency roll-off feature do?

Thanks!

Thanks very much. I did the setup yesterday too and it said that the front 3 should be 120HZ crossover.

What does the high frequency roll-off feature do?

Thanks!

Have you always got such high crossovers earlier running it through the receiver? People can get slightly different results depending where the mic is placed etc. I assume you use the cardboard mic stand which came with Denon, then you have it in quite tight area when you run 8positions. If you have wall near by the mic shouldn´t be close to it (0,5meters). Room silent and you would go further away when it runs..

One roll-offs steeper and other gentler. As always you can listen which you prefer more..

Have you always got such high crossovers earlier running it through the receiver? People can get slightly different results depending where the mic is placed etc. I assume you use the cardboard mic stand which came with Denon, then you have it in quite tight area when you run 8positions. If you have wall near by the mic shouldn´t be close to it (0,5meters). Room silent and you would go further away when it runs..

One roll-offs steeper and other gentler. As always you can listen which you prefer more..
Always high I suppose. 120 previously, but speaking direct with Kef they advise this too. Today was the first time it said 200.

I used the cardboard stand, and did the 8 readings.. I didn't actually move it at all, just kept it in the same position.

Always high I suppose. 120 previously, but speaking direct with Kef they advise this too. Today was the first time it said 200.

I used the cardboard stand, and did the 8 readings.. I didn't actually move it at all, just kept it in the same position.

You need to move the mic around. Spacing them out at various positions should give Audyssey more data to work for it's calculations.

You can experiment with the mic placement but the suggested positions in the App/AVR are a good starting point.

You need to move the mic around. Spacing them out at various positions should give Audyssey more data to work for it's calculations.

You can experiment with the mic placement but the suggested positions in the App/AVR are a good starting point.
Thanks Jase, I thought i'd heard on a youtube video not to move the mic too much, maybe a few inches here and there in the appropriate direction. Given that the room isn't decorated yet I just didn't bother to move it at all.

Thanks Jase, I thought i'd heard on a youtube video not to move the mic too much, maybe a few inches here and there in the appropriate direction. Given that the room isn't decorated yet I just didn't bother to move it at all.

You can try a few inches as even that will make a difference. Once the room is finished then I'd try different mic placements/patterns and see how they end up sounding.

In my room it can make the difference between it sounding excellent or awful.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom