Front L -6.0
Center -6.5
Rear R -3.5
Rear L -2.5
Sub -10.0

Dynamic EQ - On
Dynamic Level - Off

Does these results make sense?
Isn’t weird it identifies my center as large speaker?
Also isn’t the sub tone is too low?
I ran the calibration when the sub level is set to 50% as recommended

WDYT?
Love to get feedback from expert here in the forum

Hi Everyone,

I have the following setup:
AVR: Denon 1300x
Fronts: Q acoustics 3050
Center: Q acoustic 3090c
Sorrounds: Tannoy TFX
Subwoofer: SVS sb1000

I ran Audyssey calibration and got these results:
Fronts - large
Center - large
Rear - Small

Tone levels:
Front R -6.5
Front L -6.0
Center -6.5
Rear R -3.5
Rear L -2.5
Sub -10.0

Dynamic EQ - On
Dynamic Level - Off

Does these results make sense?
Isn’t weird it identifies my center as large speaker?
Also isn’t the sub tone is too low?
I ran the calibration when the sub level is set to 50% as recommended

WDYT?
Love to get feedback from expert here in the forum
1. Your results are fairly normal
2. Identifing as large is not an issue.
3. Seems par for the course. Mine are -11.5 after audyssey calibration.

Only thing you need to do is set all speakers to small when using a sub and take a look at this thread Crossover and Speaker Settings in Relation to Bass Management for what to set your crossover frequencies at

You need to turn the volume on back of the sub down to get as close to 0dB as possible. Re run the calibration. You need to post the crossover levels detected by Audyssey and this is more important than the levels.

You need to turn the volume on back of the sub down to get as close to 0dB as possible. Re run the calibration. You need to post the crossover levels detected by Audyssey and this is more important than the levels.
Why the sub needs to be close to 0dB as possible?
As the the fronts and center were set to large,only the sorrund speakers got crossover to 120
After changing all speakers to small it suggested crossover to 40
I changed to 60 for front and 90 to center

Although Audyssey (XT32, perhaps others) will stop calibration if sub volume is set too high on it's initial speaker measurement check and give you a screen to adjust it to the correct level (75dB is what it asks for on my AVR). I then get -11.5db on the sub after calibration albeit with two subs, previously with one sub it was -8ish. Both when adjusting to the requested 75dB.

Don't know if it does the same check if sub volume is low, hence seems better to start high and get Audyssey adjustment screen to give you the correct sub volume.

Why the sub needs to be close to 0dB as possible?
As the the fronts and center were set to large,only the sorrund speakers got crossover to 120
After changing all speakers to small it suggested crossover to 40
I changed to 60 for front and 90 to center
Set your front speakers to a crossover of 80hz. For the sub the range of control that the receiver has on the sub's volume falls into the -12dB to +12dB range. With your reading of -10dB you have the receiver having little room for control, only being able to reduce the volume by a further -2dB. Getting the reading closer to 0dB gives the receiver more control and a greater range of control either way, up or down.

Bear in mind Svs subs dont work well with low gain especially 1000/2000 series

BTW
My front and center have ports
Should I ran the calibration with ports open or with them covered with bungs?

Thanks

BTW
My front and center have ports
Should I ran the calibration with ports open or with them covered with bungs?

Thanks

How close are they to walls and is the bass boomy? If the bass is boomy then I'd suggest inserting the bungs. You could do this post calibration, but I'd tend to suggest running the calibration again in order for Audyssey to be able to take account of the altered output from the speakers.

Run the calibration with the speakers located and setup as you intend to use them. Whether you bung the ports depends upon how you perceive the performance of the speakers with or without them?

You may find this article of interest:
Sealed vs Ported Loudspeakers: Which is Better?

Last edited:
So you suggest to keep the gain on the sub at 50%?
I would keep it there for now, try a few demos and see how you feel.

You can turn it down in subwoofer level adjust if it's to much.

Thank you all guys for the help!
I have another issue that maybe you can help me with...

I noticed that when I see Netflix or watch Blueray film the surround speakers are much louder than my front and center
I set the volume higher to hear the dialog and fronts speaker effect to hear them properly but than when there are surround effect they are so loud I need to decrease it
Its a annoying and weird experience. I need to constantly switch between high and low volume or accept that I can hear the dialogue
Sometime when there huge explosion effect coming from the front I can barley hear it
But when there are storming rain effect coming for the rear speakers its to loud.
I tried playing with all the DEQ and DLE as I read it can help when hearing at low volume but it didnt helped
I am very hopeless as I am struggling with it for the past couple of months and cant seem to be satisfied with my setup :-(
Any suggestions are more than welcome

Audyssey can sometimes set the surrounds too high. Reduce the channel levels by a couple of dB. I think, though, that there is more going in your room that is effecting your audio experience. Reflective surfaces, hard floors and walls can all make a big impact on how things can sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom