Audyssey limiting volume

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by scoobysti, Feb 3, 2009.

1. scoobysti

scoobysti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    i have been messing around with audyssey on my 875 and whilst it i find it works quite well i find it limits the volume, has anyone else found this.
    i use the pre outs to seperate power amps. Even when i set the volume to max it stays at a certain loudness, from about -11 to max, just wondered if anyone could shed any light on the matter.
    whilst it is fairly loud sometimes i feel it should be cranked up a bit more/:rolleyes:

2. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I used the Audessey set-up for my Onkyo 706. While the subwoofer bass and the 4 satellite speakers set-up very well with the auto-setting, the centre speaker was pushed a bit low; this made the dialogue volume a couple of notches behind the surround effects. I simply used the manual over-correction to beef-up the centre speaker alone and it worked without upsetting the other speaker settings.

3. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    funnily enough, i found this with my 805 when i was really pushing it. this was a while ago so i dont remember the specifics but im sure it was connect to audyssey. After a certain point, it just didnt get louder. I do remember it affect 805's amped outputs as well as the sub out so i dont think its just the pre-outs......maybe audyssey limits the output to reference level?

4. scoobysti

scoobysti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    ive just upped the speaker level settings by a couple of DB's and that has sorted it:thumbsup: