1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auditioning Speakers- advice please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Hawklord, May 3, 2003.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I'm off to audition some speakers at audio- t next thursday and would like some advice on what to listen to within my budget (£1200). I'm definately going to listen to B&W CDM1NT's and CDMCNT but would like your opinions on what else to listen to.
    I know they have several other makes that i've not relly heard much about 'cause i always thought i'd never spend that much on speakers, but, i've got some cash to spare and were all looking for audio nivarna.
    The makes they also have are Linn and Dynaudio -specifically the Linn Katans, the Linn Trikan, dynaudio 52 wood and 122 Center speaker.
    Would these be a suitable option to complement my current set up.

Any views and advice would be appreciated

:D

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Castle range and Proac also Spendor, dont know if they do surrounds or just stereo.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Audio T are dealers for some nice speakers and in addition to those you have mentioned they also handle M&K, ProAC and Spendor all of which make good speakers.

Don't worry too much about them not matching your rear speakers as I have M&K across the front with the same rear speakers as you.