Audiovision's Big demonstration event

ntslik

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i've seen a lot of people say they can't get a decent comparison demo of a number of projectors.

Well i'd like to offer people the chance to put forward a list of Projector models of say 5 to 6 (hopefully fairly comparible budgets) and arrange a two day demonstration for people to really get a chance to see the differences, with support from the manufacturors I'm sure we can make it an extremely useful event, remember the more interest we can raise the better (I'm sure with anough interest no manufacturer would not want to take part)

ok so i've added a page to our website which will contain more info as and when it becomes available, please go to

http://www.audiovisiononline.co.uk/x2804.html

Location and date is yet to be decided but with the more interest from you guys the better this event will be, so don't delay this is your chance to finnally get a projector dem you've been waiting for.

Best Regards

Good idea, talked about recently.

Have a look at the PJ poll - should indicate the most popular PJs, both LCD & DLP.

HS20, AE500, Z2 etc. from the LCD camp & NEC HT1100, SIM & others from the DLP camp.

Willing to give a hand if needed although from afar - Ireland.

:smoke:

Cheers Kramer, i'd like to set up the event as a real test of what people would like to see as a comparison, i'll take a look at the PJ poll, but this may not indicate what actually people may wish to compare for purchasing reasons, rather then maybe a point of view.

Thanks for the suggestion of help, always appreciate it.

I'd help if my PJ didnt get lost in the post :0

ahhh the dleights of Parcle Force, i remember those miserable days, weuse Business Post, can not praise them enough.

But would just say, not really related to arranging the Big demonstration.

As a potential buyer i think this would be FANTASTIC. I would love to be able to compare the Z2 next to an AE500...

Cheers

no problem, so we have the first two contenders which i agree should be included.

The Panasonic AE300
The Sanyo Z2

lets keep the list coming.....

Originally posted by ntslik
no problem, so we have the first two contenders which i agree should be included.

The Panasonic AE300
The Sanyo Z2

lets keep the list coming.....

I think he said AE500, not 300

Sorry my correction, so i think so far a good spread would be

Panasonic AE500
Sanyo PLV-Z2
Infocus 5700
Optoma's Themescene H56
Optoma's Themescene H30

ok the lit's getting little better

Panasonic AE500
Sanyo PLV-Z2
Infocus 5700
Optoma's Themescene H56
Optoma's Themescene H30
Sim2 Domino 20/30

Don't think you're shouting loud enough Kramer :D

ok ok.....

Panasonic AE500
Sanyo PLV-Z2
Infocus 5700
Optoma's Themescene H56
Optoma's Themescene H30
Sim2 Domino 20/30
Sony HS20

count me in, EXCELLENT IDEA, thinking of buying the panny 500, z2 or the hs20, so these 3 are a must, keep us all informed.!

HT1100 ;) :D

Why not include some of the old favorites just so people can see how things have moved on/or not if thats the case :D

Pannys 100/200/300 Sanyo Z1 etc

Benq 8700?

At Ivojo's price it should be a contender

regards

Parmenion

Originally posted by Zone
Why not include some of the old favorites just so people can see how things have moved on/or not if thats the case :D

Pannys 100/200/300 Sanyo Z1 etc

Why not!! once this event has been set up, bring your own projector and demo it against the new models

oh dear, looks like another long trip , I'm interested in this, I've got the Z2 at the moment but I'd really like to see what sort of improvement could be made and how much it'll cost me. By the way, what sources will be used? Any chance of a HTPC with 1:1 pixel mapping wherever possible to get the best out of these? Appreciate that might be difficult but what if people bring their PCs along that are already set up for certain projectors, might make things easier.. just a thought.

Cheers,
Andy.

As this will be in association with the manufacturors i don't see any issues regarding source products, but most certainly there won't be any issues if people want to try their own source

Would be an idea to use HDMI/DVI sources, as i don't think many people have seen this yet

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom