For Sale Audiovector Avantgarde Arrette speakers - American cherry

Discussion in 'Speaker, Subwoofer & Soundbar Classifieds' started by zorbs152, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:13 PM.

Tags:
  1. zorbs152

zorbs152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    American Cherry finish, about 5 years old. Originally purchased from PJ HiFi in Guildford. All original boxes, purchase receipts and accessories. Excellent condition - a few minor marks, but nothing that spoils the overall beauty of the speaker (see pictures). Can be upgraded by Audiovector to the very latest SR3 Avantgarde Arrette specification for around £2,000 (currently retailing at £7,500).
    These are amazing speakers but just don't have the same profile in the UK as other high end brands. Since originally comparing Audiovector to PMC, Dali, B&W, etc. I've never looked back - they just make most other brands sound veiled, harsh and boomy by comparison. The ribbon tweeter in this top of the range model is astonishing - smooth and detailed just like music should be. Why sell then? Because my new music room is tiny and I've replaced these floor standers with the Audiovector Avantgarde Arette standmounts.

Many owners on the Naim forums consider these a perfect match for Naim amplification, but I've used with Audio Research valve amplifiers, Musical Fidelity mono block and even AV receivers with excellent results as they're very easy to drive.

Would prefer collection (or personal delivery) and more than happy to demo to serious prospective buyers. Will also sell into Europe, particularly Denmark where the market for these is stronger. Will pay postage in the UK. Go on, treat yourself for Christmas!

Price and currency: 3000
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: Cash or bank transfer preferred.
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

2. BobbyMac

BobbyMac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +987
    Beautiful speakers, interested in them as I run two generations behind (and not the arrette level)

The main issue I would have is the 900 mile round trip involved if I wanted to demo to see if they are worth the cost difference between my Mi3 AV's and your Si3 AV Arrette's

Bearing the above in mind and based on buying blind (sic), I would like to offer £2000 delivered (I'm assuming you have the original boxes)?

Regards Bobby

3. zorbs152

zorbs152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Bobby, thanks for the offer but at that price I'd rather keep them and use as (albeit over specced) front speakers in my AV system. Absolute minimum I'd accept is £2400 and you pay postage. Have all original boxes and packaging.

These sound virtually identical to current SR3 AA at rrp £7,500...

Regards

Mark

4. BobbyMac

BobbyMac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +987
    Thanks for the prompt reply, will mull it over

Would you be able to palletise the speakers?
    Also if you could give me the overall size of the two boxes including weight as well

Thanks

5. zorbs152

zorbs152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Okay, will get into the loft later today and measure up. As I remember the boxes are double skinned and the speakers sort of suspended in foam, so very well protected.

6. zorbs152

zorbs152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The speaker boxes measure 47"x17"x13" each. Total shipment weight according to original shipping labels is 50Kg.