Audioslave (Rage Against the Machine plus Chris Cornell from Soundgarden)

S

Squirrel God

Great stuff. I'm not a big Soundgarden fan but absolutely love RATM. If you like something a bit heavier, you'll love this :D

Been waiting for this for ages. It's a big event when you think about it... The three remaining members of Rage Against The Machine teaming up with Soundgarden and Kurt Cobain-equal Chris Cornell. It lives up to the hype in my opinion. Tom Morello can still do unimaginable things with a guitar, and Cornell's voice is better than ever.

But its not just about the hugeness of the band, the songs aren't just there for the sake of it. This is top stuff. Some of the best pure rock music I've heard for fricking ages.

Im getting a bit of deja vue, has there not already been a posting about audioslave ? Not to worry I will just go with the flow, its probably one of them parallel universe thingies anyway.

I listened to a track on their website and apart from the opening bars was a bit disappointed, er sounded like Soundgarden mixed with RATM:rolleyes:

Now I loved the first RATM album, awesome stuff and Badmotorfinger. But this sounds like a watered down version of both, a bit like mixing cider and beer, snakebites are all right for a couple of pints , but no one seriously drinks them.

Nowhere near as good as The White Stripes ( provocation thread );) :D

Originally posted by karkus30
Im getting a bit of deja vue, has there not already been a posting about audioslave ?
I did a search before I created the thread (as I always do :D), couldn't find any postings on it.

Now I loved the first RATM album, awesome stuff
Only the first one?? The rest are great too ;)

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I did a search before I created the thread (as I always do :D), couldn't find any postings on it.

Only the first one?? The rest are great too ;)

Yep, I was right, but its under audio slave rather than audioslave.
started by gwbailey.

Yep thats me...I don't mind though!

The reason I wrote it in two words was thats how it was on their website which has now changed.

Good CD though, abit of a grower mind but once it gets you it gets you...like all good CD's I suppose!;)

Check it out and give them some support or they will fade away and we will be left with more crap music!!!

Regards,

Bought this today. Have listened to the first four tracks, its pretty good, might need some time to grow on me. Very RATM, as is expected, christ its loud though.:eek:

I dont imagine its a 'sit down and listen to the full thing' album. I will need to listen to it in bits.

Have to say it again though...........its bloody loud and Im the sort that has 11 on my hifi system, too much riding bikes without earplugs I suppose. On a decent system this thing really thunders.
Almost had an 'air guitar moment':eek:

I dont imagine its a 'sit down and listen to the full thing' album. I will need to listen to it in bits.
All albums should be listened to in their entirety :mad:

Having said that, it's great in the car or walkman while on the move rather than sitting down :)

Im the sort that has 11 on my hifi system
Spinal Tap :D :D

Spinal Tap :D :D

Have you got Withnail and I, mad as a sponge ( to quote one of our forum members). :)

Have you got Withnail and I, mad as a sponge ( to quote one of our forum members). :)
You can see what I've got by clicking the link to my dvds ;) but yes, i'm a withnail fan too :D

Christopher Guests other movies are also good if you haven't seen them - i.e. Best In Show and WAiting for Guffman , hilarious :D

You can see what I've got by clicking the link to my dvds ;) but yes, i'm a withnail fan too :D

Christopher Guests other movies are also good if you haven't seen them - i.e. Best In Show and WAiting for Guffman , hilarious :D

Funny, but Ive never thought to seek out any movies by CG, thanks for the info. Presume they are out on DVD, I shall go and check your DVD list as you appear to have more discs than anyone else including the lowly DVD God (must be a minor diety);)

Yes, they are definitely out on DVD as I have them both ;) They're both spoof documentaries, like Spinal Tap.

They can both be had quite cheaply (about £7-£8). I got Waiting for Guffman from www.absound.ca (it's only available on R1). I got Best In Show R2 from Play - I think they're doing it cheap right now.

We came on holiday by mistake . Are you the Farmer ?:D :D

I laugh just thinking about that film.

we want cake and the finest wines known to humanity !

Going fishing with the shot gun always makes me fall off the sofa. And shoving the chicken in the pot with all the feathers on it :D

Going fishing with the shot gun always makes me fall off the sofa. And shoving the chicken in the pot with all the feathers on it :D

FOTFL :D :D

Should'nt it be balder than that ?

It will need its feet !:D

I love it when the big black bloke starts uttering mantas and Paul McGann gets the fear.

Very, very foolish, man.

Christopher Guests other movies

SG just had a look at the DVD and cant see any sign of CG mentioned. Written and directed by Bruce Robinson and produced by Paul Heller. Then again, Im no film buff, so its maybe buried in there somewhere.

SG just had a look at the DVD and cant see any sign of CG mentioned. Written and directed by Bruce Robinson and produced by Paul Heller. Then again, Im no film buff, so its maybe buried in there somewhere.
:rolleyes: Christopher Guest did Spinal Tap NOT Withnail and I :rolleyes: I meant if you like Spinal Tap then you'd like Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show :rolleyes: The White Stripes have kidnapped your braincells ;) :p :D

:rolleyes: Christopher Guest did Spinal Tap NOT Withnail and I :rolleyes: I meant if you like Spinal Tap then you'd like Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show :rolleyes: The White Stripes have kidnapped your braincells ;) :p :D

:blush: Well it is late and I have had most of the cells bashed about by Audioslaves sonic assault and woken by a builder early this morning who insited on braying hell out of the walls outside the bedroom.

Anyway you keep mentioning detroits finest, so do yourself a favour and buy the album . You can listen to it between bites of Pecan danish.;)

I listened to a track on their website and apart from the opening bars was a bit disappointed, er sounded like Soundgarden mixed with RATM

Have to disagree with you there, the first few tracks sound like that but the rest of the album shows more diversity than a RATM album.

Originally posted by sinister_stu
Have to disagree with you there, the first few tracks sound like that but the rest of the album shows more diversity than a RATM album.

I have had more time to listen, its not bad, but a long way from being a classic, did'nt spend much time on my car player, which is usually a bad sign.:(

I have had more time to listen, its not bad, but a long way from being a classic, did'nt spend much time on my car player, which is usually a bad sign.:(
Avoid the slow roads then ;) It's excellent when driving at high speed on dual carriageway / motorway :)

Avoid the slow roads then ;) It's excellent when driving at high speed on dual carriageway / motorway :)

Im afraid rep and high speeds are sort of indivisible, everything is sampled at high speeds. Perhaps its the phone glued to my ear, the cup of coffee and sandwhich in my hand that causes too many distractions;)

Always found AC DC great for high speeds.....1,2 and 3 "Im on a highway t' hell, a highway to hell. No stop signs, speed limits......"
ahh where is that old cassette.

I found it a little tame at first listening - hopefully it will bw one of those albums that grow on you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom