Question Audioquest Pearl HDMI

Ned55

Established Member
Reaction score
New to this i have a Audioquest Pearl hdmi cable but i don't know which end goes to the amp or the tv any help would be great
Ned

New to this i have a Audioquest Pearl hdmi cable but i don't know which end goes to the amp or the tv any help would be great
Ned
Doesn't matter. More importantly when fitting the cable make sure everything in the HDMI chain is switched off from the mains power.

It may matter :)

If it is an ‘active’ cable it is directional - the cable ends should be marked Source and Display.

As for the AQ claims about ‘listening’ to a highly encrypted, digital signal traveling over copper in a set direction - I’ll leave that to your imagination.

Joe

Thanks for replies but the cable doesn't say anything on either end just the arrows
Ned

Thanks for replies but the cable doesn't say anything on either end just the arrows
Ned
That's the standard Pearl cable. The actives are very expensive. You can place the arrows away from the source, ie, blu ray player with the arrow showing inward towards a receiver or TV.

Pearl hdmi cable.jpg

Just to be bloody minded I think I'd plug it in the wrong way round of it were mine. A passive cable isn't directional so it's just marketing nonsense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom