• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Audiolab 8000cd and 8000s?

Eza27

Standard Member
I was at a local hifi store yesterday here in sydney and was offered the 8000cd and 8000s together (brand new) for $1000 as they are about to stock the new audiolab 8200 series.

Anyone here have an opinion on this amp and cd player? and also does anyone have any recommendations on a good pair of bookshelf speakers to run with this setup?

I was thinking this could be a nice little set up for my bedroom (4.5 x 6 metres). I listen to all types of music except rap and country.

Thank you!

Eza27

Standard Member
Not sure why there has been no replies. No one ever seems to reply on this site. So i think ill go and buy them, and pair them with focal 706v or 716v speakers.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Not sure why there has been no replies. No one ever seems to reply on this site. So i think ill go and buy them, and pair them with focal 706v or 716v speakers.

Eza...there will be two obvious reasons...

one,this post would get more replies down in the TAG/Audiolab section(and I'll move it there for you),and secondly,don't assume that in under 24 hours,the right persons are going to come here,read your post,and reply.

tim_bissell

Indeed, and being 12 hours away from the UK (majority of forum members?) doesn't boost your chances of a quick reply!

AUD 1000 seems reasonable for the 8000 series pairing; the new 8200 CD and 8200A (successor to the 8000S) will (no doubt) sound better, but cost more than double that.

I think they'd cope with pretty much any reasonably efficient bookshelf speaker, so it would be down to personal choice; do you like warm, lively, neutral? I'm sure the dealer will let you try a variety if you are buying them from him... I use some old Rogers db101s, in my office system and they sound good, but I haven't tried any more modern bookshelf speakers.

- Tim

white91

I have the 8000CD/S combo and I like the clear sound it produces. It drives my Mission V63 speakers with ease, and the cdp has various filters etc.

I picked mine up quite cheap (£450) and for that money not much can touch them in my opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom