Audiolab 8000AP crackling through speakers, even in standby

gamma498

Has anyone had any issues with crackling coming through the speakers with and audiolab 8000AP, even when the unit is in Standby? I am running it with a pair of Quad 99 Monos for the fronts, a 99 Stereo for the center and a Cyrus Power for the rears. I noticed the odd 'pop' through the rears but didn't really think anything of it but now my Right channel has an intermittent crackling noise coming out of the speaker, even when the unit is in standby. I'm pretty sure it's the processor as the noise seemed to stop when I totally powered the unit down by flicking the switch on it's rear to off and the sound seemed to stop. I'm worried that it could get worse and damage my speakers. It also does it when the processor is powered up and the input selection doesn't seem to have any bearing on the crackling, it does it no matter what it is set on.
I'm absolutely gutted as I love the sound of the amp for music and am actually using it instead of the pre section on my 8200CDQ as I think it is more detailed. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've only had it a few months and looking around it is going to be hard to find another or maybe an 8200AP to replace it should I need to. I've been on to Audiolab but they've told me they no longer support it as many parts are obsolete.
My main passion is for stereo but this has been an ideal way to add Surround sound to my system, does anyone have any other suggestions for a 'musical' processor I could replace it with, should it turn out I need to?
thanks in advance for any help, Steve Nick

Khankat

Hi,
I'm sorry to say that I can't offer you a solution, other than to seek professional help and advice. If you search for 'audiolab service/repairs' that will throw up a number of people who can possibly help you.

orange55

Has anyone had any issues with crackling coming through the speakers with and audiolab 8000AP, even when the unit is in Standby? I am running it with a pair of Quad 99 Monos for the fronts, a 99 Stereo for the center and a Cyrus Power for the rears. I noticed the odd 'pop' through the rears but didn't really think anything of it but now my Right channel has an intermittent crackling noise coming out of the speaker, even when the unit is in standby. I'm pretty sure it's the processor as the noise seemed to stop when I totally powered the unit down by flicking the switch on it's rear to off and the sound seemed to stop. I'm worried that it could get worse and damage my speakers. It also does it when the processor is powered up and the input selection doesn't seem to have any bearing on the crackling, it does it no matter what it is set on.
I'm absolutely gutted as I love the sound of the amp for music and am actually using it instead of the pre section on my 8200CDQ as I think it is more detailed. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've only had it a few months and looking around it is going to be hard to find another or maybe an 8200AP to replace it should I need to. I've been on to Audiolab but they've told me they no longer support it as many parts are obsolete.
My main passion is for stereo but this has been an ideal way to add Surround sound to my system, does anyone have any other suggestions for a 'musical' processor I could replace it with, should it turn out I need to?
thanks in advance for any help, Steve Nick
I will pm you a email address for help.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom