• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Audiolab 8000a repair

R

_Rusty_

Just need a little advice about a repair. Usual problem, need to replace a number of the phono sockets on the back of the amp as they are broken.
Have spoken to the IAG Service centre who quoted around £110 to get it repaired (all in). I've also been given the number of a local repairer to me (JF Associates in Maidenhead).
Just wondering what is my best option, getting it serviced with Audiolab themselves or using another repairer who may be cheaper?

Cheers

p.s. don't necessary want to replace with an 8000s as I still use vinyl.

p.p.s After browsing all these forums i've contacted theaudiocellar.co.uk for a quote, sounds like a good option to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

dablk

Established Member
Look in the Tag owners (audiolab) specific thread 2/3 way down front page.

in the faq's at the top there should be a section regarding repairs.

Look for contacting Kevin Green at audiocellar. I dont have his number but someone might and from talking and reading there aint a bad word to be found about the lad.

doh...just re read your pps

Last edited:
R

_Rusty_

No worries, I got an email from Kevin this afternoon, nice and prompt. He's busy and can only fit it in mid-next week, slightly better than the 4-6wk turnaround I was quoted from IAG lol!

Very glad I checked this forum now :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom