• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Audiolab 8000 A speakers

samj3399

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd ask your advice for speakers to go with my 8000 A. At the moment its paired with a pioneer pd-s703. I've got a big room but not that much floor space so was thinking of going for big book shelfs rather than floorstanders (though i could be persuaded). I listen to everything but am particularly fond of dub and electro so good bass and relatively fast is important. Budget wise I'm willing to spend to £2 to £300 hundred, don't mind second hand could spend a little more. Any suggestions?

DolbyDan

Prominent Member
Your amp is recognized as neutral sounding, so pairing should be easy to match your preference. Do you like a warm, smooth, lush sound or bright, fast, highly detailed sound or something in the middle?

DolbyDan

Prominent Member
You definitely need to demo :thumbsup:

If you want bass then floorstanders are the way to go, otherwise your need a sub as well.

Personally I would demo Monitor Audio Bronze BR5s :smashin:

oberprawn

Standard Member
I am running a pair of monitor Audio S6's with copper core cables as they are a bit bright with any other cables.
Fantastic in all ranges.
As stated, try to audition for best match as sound is very personal and definately go for floorstanders as you like a bit of bass.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom