Audiolab 6000CDT - No Power

Reaction score
I popped a cd into my 6000CDT last night and hit play on the remote - and lost all power in the player.

I replaced the fuse in the plug to no avail and also switched the power cable from my 6000A that sits on top confirming that it isn't the cable.

Any ideas?

Update: I changed the mains supply 250v fuse in the rear panel (there was a spare contained inside) and we had power :clap: - until I switched it on to eject my cd and it blew again :(

What is causing this?

My player is just under two years old but I'm sure the warranty is for one year (in UK) though I cant see where that is stated in the manual.

There's obviously a short-circuit inside, that's what blows the fuse.

Yes.

I've tried another mains supply fuse and this keeps the red stand by light on, but as soon as I hit the power button, the unit comes on for a second then switches back to stand by. Frustratingly, there isn't enough time to eject my cd before it cuts out again.

They're still a popular and maintained product. Get in touch with your retailer (or audiolab directly) and request a warranty / repair :)

I've got in touch with the supplier and waiting to hear back, but he confirms that it comes with a 2 year warranty (and I'm on a year and 11 months) so I'm hopeful this issue can get resolved without to much pain and heartache.

I must say, other than this issue, I have been completely overwhelmed by how good this unit (partnered with the 6000A) has been.

You should be ok then. As others have said the fuse blowing means it is simply doing it's job - a second fuse blowing is a sure sign of a fault.

Just an update if you're interested.

The retailer where I purchased my CDT asked me to box it up they would arrange for a collection back to them. They would check it out and if needed send it back to Audiolab for repair - under warranty.

Unfortunately, they today confirmed that their courier has misplaced the package and it has never reached them and so they are sending me out a brand new unit.

Pretty good service to be fair, but I'll reserve judgement until it gets to me

They're still a popular and maintained product. Get in touch with your retailer (or audiolab directly) and request a warranty / repair :)
Hello, I am having this same problem, came here to find out what to do and I'm glad found you here. Please help. I am your customer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom