Audiolab 6000a cutting out

DOTSY502

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced this also. When I push the amp it cuts off, the display reads PRT and counts down for about 30 seconds before powering back on at a lower volume level. Its connected to a pair of B&w Cm7s. Is that its just not powerful enough? Novice so any advice welcome

I did indeed. The solution was to get rid of it 😁. Prt is protect mode meaning its not able to be pushed to that level as it just isn't powerful enough.

I’ve had an hour of two playing around and sorted it. Not sure why it’s fixed it, but I disconnected the speaker cables, gave the exposed cables another twist, inserted them back in and bobs your uncle. (ps. they were 100% connected correctly + and -) ...but this seems to have sorted it and I can now push it very loud. Running it through Dali Oberon.

Fair play Rob I might have been a bit hasty! I was using a pair of cm7s and they just kept cutting when I pushed and to be honest I do push them. Glad you got it sorted lad

Disable the "Audio Clock Trim" in Bluesound Node 2i settings if using an external dac. Settings>Player>Audio>Audio Clock Trim. It affects external audio converters especially ESS Sabre dacs leading to dropouts jitter etc. Once disabled your music should play fine without dropouts or jitter.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom