Discussion in 'Technology News' started by The News Bot, Jan 12, 2005.
During CES we unveiled a revolution
I find myself objecting to this as a "news" story. It's just advertising tripe.
They're claiming the world's first "Generator Luminance Opto Biased" cable and then waffling on about how "unlike other cables that simply slap batteries on the dielectric, GLOB takes it to the next level by incorporating a proprietary Illumination Biasing System (IBS) which encompasses the entire magnetic field flux density of the cables eddy currents thus eliminating typical back EMF distortions generated by the loudspeaker". This is the kind of standard issue technobabble which can be found in any US Hi-Fi magazine any day of the year. It's not a news story and shouldn't be paraded as such, however auto-generated..
It's got to be a joke, right ?
"For best results we recommend the following:
· Freezing the cables prior to usage to ensure maximum effectiveness and duration of the GLOB system. Make sure you freezer is set to the coldest setting but allow cable to thaw for 24 hours prior to usage.
· Mechanical Break In is recommended by uniformly bending every few inches of the GLOB system before usage. The audiophile should allow between 10-15 minutes for GLOB to uniformly distribute through the cable before engaging in a critical listen session. However, the unique electrical properties of the GLOB System has an unusually long Break In time and may take up to 60 days to reveal its full potential.
· It is recommended that the GLOB system always point in an upward direction when the cables are placed on the floor. This will minimize the static electricity field, thus reducing Heisenberg-Gaussian distributed effects.
Note: Cables may be elevated but it is not recommended to elevate more
than 3 feet off the floor otherwise kinetic energy polarization may occur.
· For maximum effectiveness, the GLOB system must be replaced daily sometimes twice a day during heavy usage.
Note: GLOB accessories may be purchased in bulk for additional savings.
· The Battery pack for the IBS system is a standard 1.5V AA which can be purchased at any hardware store. However, for best results, rechargeable batteries are NOT recommended.
Note: We offer discounting on bulk purchases of batteries. Battery life is usually indefinite since the battery is not physically connected to the cable or loaded."
Sounds very much like a joke to me especially considering Audioholics stance on exotic cables
It is a joke, but didn't get many laughs when I posted a link to it in the Cabling forum over the weekend.
I have had many thoughts about Audioholics but at least they do have a sense of humour, I wonder how many people enquired about pricing
Separate names with a comma.