• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Audioengine A2 problem

nullface

Standard Member
Hey

I have a pair of (d'feldt) Audioengine A2's. I realy like them but i have a small problem.

When turning up the volume on the "host speaker" (the one with the amp), the host speaker starts to play music or what ever, long befor the second speaker kicks in. When the second speaker kicks in, it starts off at the same volume level as the host speaker, wich at that point is at normal listening level. In short, if i want to listen to the music at a low sound level, only the host speaker is active.

What to do, are they FUBAR?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Just pure speculation, but I'm thinking there may be a coupling capacitor that is requiring a minimum voltage to break through the capacitor and transfer sound.

Make absolutely sure your connections are clean and tight. If that is not the problem. Then I suspect the system need to be repaired.

If it is VERY new, you should be able to get an exchange from the dealer. Otherwise, it is off to the factory authorized repair service.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom