1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Volume from Multiple Sources

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jaycook, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! I made a mixed DVD with scenes from several of my comedy DVDs. I have a question....is there a way to set the volume (audio) to be the same for all scenes? There is a wide range of difference in the volume (sometimes a magnitude of 10 on a volume control on the TV) I don't think there is a way to "normalize" the volume from different sources put on 1 DVD...but if there is, I would love to know how to do it! Thanks! Jay :lease:

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    You could do this in software with a video editing program (e.g Vegas), but I don't believe any DVD recorder can do this.

3. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm actually doing it on my computer...using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink...What is Vegas???or others?? Thanks!

4. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found the program Vegas...it's a $300.00 program! Is there any freeware out there that lets you make the audio volume on a mixed DVD ( clips made from several DVD's onto 1 DVD) the same? I really have a great range in the volume of different sources. I know there is "normalizing" programs for CD compilations...but what about DVD??? I sure don't want to pay $300.00 for Vegas...I won't be doing this too often...any input appreciated!!! :clap:

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I agree, I would not expect you to buy Vegas just to do this, my point was that I would do it with a video editing package, if you have one.

If you don’t, and just want to alter the audio, you could look at audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

This is free, but a bit complex to do. I assume the audio on your DVD files are ac3, you’d need to convert these to a WAV file… then if you want to use ac3 on the final DVD you’ll need a ac3 encoder, and I don’t think these are free.

You are better looking around http://www.videohelp.com/ for help on this. This particular forum is mainly about DVD recorders.

Mark