1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio/video shift on plasma tv

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Snouffelaire, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Snouffelaire

Snouffelaire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I have a plasma TV (hisense pdp4211eu) and it seems the picture takes about 2/10 second to display (compared to my old TV showing the same channel for example).
    That's no problem, but it seems there's no "sound buffering" system so that the sound is played 2/10 second later, too. This results in a visible audio/video shift.

Is there the same problem with other TVs? Or is the display faster on other TVs? Or is there sound shifting options on other TVs?

I mailed hisense.com, but i don't think they'll have a solution for me.

I thought i could find 2 small devices i could plug between the TV and the speakers, that would simply "buffer" the signal during these 2/10 seconds. Anyone ever heard of such things?

Or does anyone have an idea, or ever dealed with this problem?

Thank you!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    search for lip sync mate it is anissue with Plasma LCD sets and there isnt much you can do i am afraid, (do you use sat or cable??)

3. sisko

sisko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Some amps, such as the Yamaha DSPAX750 have a sound delay function to try and counter this.

With the Yamaha you can delay the sound by 0-160ms which should, hopefully, fix your problem.