1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio / video selection on 50" Panasonic

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by RedRose, Nov 10, 2002.

1. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I went to look at the Pan 42" and Pio 43" yesterday. Very impressive. I took my R1 Fifth Element and everything said by the people here was true. The Panasonic was superb on component. God knows what it would like with a VGA-fed HTPC setup.
    Then the guy says "we also have a 50" on demo, do you want to see it?" So I did. Oh dear.... it was bloody incredible, a Pan TH-50PHW30 (I think that's right). So know I'm doing the numbers on my cash position :)
    I've made a 50" template and a 42" template from newspaper to see how they would look on my wall.
    Question: If I use an AV amp for all the inputs etc, do I have to select both video source on the screen AND audio source on the amp? OK for me, but for rest of the family this would cease to be "easy" to use and could be confusing. I know there is audio out on the screen, but only 2 channel. Hasanyone been up this path? I haven't seen a thread on it before.
    Thanks.

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 50" Panasonic and it is awesome! £5000 new, from Sound & Vision, Bolton. Yes, you do nned to select the AV input on the plasma although it does default to the last one that you used and remembers your preferred settings. Your amp will need its ouput selecting to. But believe me it is very easy in practice and worth it for the astounding pictures you see on the plasma. Go for it!

3. Big L

Big L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you go for a remote that has a Macro facility (like the Philips Pronto, £150 from Richer Sounds) then you will be able to program all the buttons than needs to be pressed and assign them to one macro button, you will even be able to label it 'Press to switch system on' dead easy for the rest of the family.