Audio Vector Mi-3 Speaker Cabinet Refurbishment & Repaint

Vorland

Standard Member
I managed to pick up some very decent speakers for 21% of the cost of them new in 2009.
The sound is amazing. I thought my B&W bookshelf speakers were good but the detail and mid-range in these ones is quite something else. The bass is also much more ‘clean’ .
One thing I am not keen on is the wooden boxes they come in. There is slight bleaching on the cabinets where the cloth grill has not been and while structurally there are no marks or damage I always think speaker companies are boring in their choice of colours.
So I have carefully removed the speakers and base and will be taking them to a friends car bodyshop to get them painted.
Interesting to find that the speakers are connected with copper cabling and spade connectors. I would of thought they would be silver at the very least! Maybe there isn’t much point putting in super hi quality speaker cables.
Question is what colour to go for??? I have narrowed it down to 3 options… dark pearlescent red, BMW phoenix yellow or a mauve blue.

I have some pics but I cant seem to upload them?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom